Capcom has come out and expressed it understands the desire for a port Monster Hunter: World on the Switch, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.
Nintendo fans want just about every video game on the Nintendo Switch. The console’s hybrid nature does make it an enticing experience and when you go back to playing a game solely on a stationary console, it’s not rare to miss the functionality of picking it up to play elsewhere. That’s why a lot of players are asking Capcom about a Switch Port for the game of the moment, Monster Hunter: World. The franchise has traditionally been on handheld devices, so it’s understandable why the question is being asked intensely about this title specifically.
However, don’t get your hopes up. Speaking to Japanese outlet Toyo Keizai (via Kotaku), Capcom president Haruhiro Tsujimoto said that they are aware of the fan request but, while not ruling it out completely, he does put a big bucket of cold water on the ask. He said:
We’re aware of that request. However, taking into account various conditions, bringing Monster Hunter: World now for release is difficult. The reason is that the Switch has different functions from other stationary consoles as well as different players. Each game console as its own characteristic, and it’s necessary that we, as game makers, adapt to that when making [a game].
Honestly, one has to expect the biggest challenge to getting Monster Hunter: World on the Nintendo Switch is one of just getting it to run. It can be pretty choppy even on the more powerful PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, so getting it to perform on the Switch seems like it would require a huge downgrade and re-work. The chances of that seem slim, so I wouldn’t hold my breath here.
- Funbakers Announce New Augmented Reality Detective Game Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird
- In Case You Need More Valentines, Nintendo Has Your Back
- The Nintendo Switch Has Sold Over 17 Million Units - April 26, 2018
- Nintendo is Getting a New President in June - April 26, 2018
- Bryce Dallas Howard and B.D. Wong Join Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic World Evolution - April 25, 2018
- BioWare Developer Hints that Dragon Age 4 is Actually in the Works - April 25, 2018
- Sonic Mania Has Sold Over a Million Copies - April 25, 2018