I want these words to make things right, but isn’t it the wrongs that make the words come to life? I mean, who does he think he is? Cause if that’s the worst you got, better put your fingers back to the key. Cause it’s one night and one more time, but thanks for the memories…even though they weren’t so great. He tastes like…The Weekly Static!
Because Fall Out Boy and the writing gods behind Moonlighting understand that imitation is the highest form of flattery…but did I happen to mention? Did I bother to disclose? That this man that we’re seeking with the mole on his nose? I’m not sure of his clothes or anything else, except he’s…
…a big clue by itself.
The Weekly Static is our righteously desperate-yet-endearing look at the past week in the land of the networks, cable, streaming, smoke signals, cloud formations, and shadow puppets from an interesting, unique and entertaining perspective. At least that’s how it reads on paper, so let’s see how this goes…
So if you vote for The Weekly Static this fall, we will drain the swamp of lame, snarky week-in-review videos with these three promises of what The Weekly Static can do for you:
● Offer a blunt, honest perspective on about five random TV news post topics from the past week that also highlights your relentless team of news-thirsty Bleeding Cool writers and the quality work they do. My views are my views and not a reflection of the opinions of those who wrote the article. Translation? I own what I say 110%.
● Spotlight a news item that we missed when it first hit, but we’re pretty sure you’ll still find it interesting.
● Feed my voracious ego with copious amounts of praise, adulation, social media shares, pizza, Superman Funkos, Eisner Awards, write-in votes for the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election (…yup…still…) and a lifetime supply of Lay’s Korean Barbecue potato chips:
“Fast & the Furious’ Justin Lin will direct CBS’ Magnum P.I. pilot from Peter Lenkov (Hawaii Five-O), Davis Entertainment (The Blacklist), CBS TV Studios and Universal TV Studios.
Lin and Danielle Woodrow also will executive produce via Lin’s Perfect Storm Entertainment.
Co-written by Lenkov and fellow Hawaii Five-0 executive producer/co-showrunner Eric Guggenheim, the reboot of the classic 1980s Tom Selleck series will feature the same central quartet of characters as the original but, instead of four guys, it will consist of three men and a woman, with Higgins reconceived as Juliet Higgins…”
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Renewed for Parts 3 and 4 - December 18, 2018
- Wayne’s Mark McKenna Talks Dream Role, Del Dynamic, and Pop Culture Picks (INTERVIEW) - December 18, 2018
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 5, Episode 7 ‘The Gang Wrestles for the Troops’ (Day #5) - December 17, 2018
- American Dad!: Stan and Roger Seem a Little “Tense” in TBS Season Trailer - December 17, 2018
- Stargirl: The Haunting of Hill House‘s Henry Thomas Cast as Dr. Mid-Nite - December 17, 2018