If you truly wish to play with an updated piece of Xbox nostalgia in your home, you can this April. As we previously mentioned, Hyperkin is releasing their version of the original Xbox controller known to many as “The Duke”, complete with the original button scheme and dome in the middle. Now the dream is a reality as GameStop will be the first place you can look to for a pre-order as they have officially listed the controller today for $70.
Now to be very clear about this, this is a modernized version of the old controller that will plug into your current Xbox One and play games on the console, but it is still a wired controller like the original ones were. It does not disconnect, it does not charge, it does not have a wireless feature at all; you are basically getting an old-school controller for a modern system. The two major differences are that the center “jewel” will be an LED screen that acts like a home button and will play the original Xbox tone and screen animation when you press it, while the black and white buttons will have their own functionality in specific games (but not every game). In other words, they’ll just kind of sit there most of the time like the old C-button on your Genesis.
- Miss the Original Xbox Controller? Hyperkin is Bringing it Back
- A Hyperkin Employee Leaked a Portable N64 Prototype
- The SmartBoy Smart-Phone Gameboy Hybrid Is Coming To Europe
- Watch This Hacker Make The "'Nintendo PlayStation" Work Again!
- Kim Kardashian And Supertemporal
- Listening For Changes: We Review Razer’s Electra V2 - March 22, 2018
- KFC Partners with Twitch for a PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Event - March 22, 2018
- Twitch and Shout! Factory Partner for a ReBoot Marathon - March 22, 2018
- Sonic The Hedgehog Fan is Creating a “Sonic Maker” Project - March 22, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Will be Taxing You When You Die - March 22, 2018