In the most shocking change of allegiance since he was traded from the LA Lakers to the Miami Heat in 2004, basketball legend and star of the DC Comics movie Steel wants to switch sides and star in Marvel’s Avengers franchise. Shaquille O’Neal revealed his intentions in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, saying, “I would love to be in one of the Avengers movies. I would like to kick Robert Downey Jr.’s ass.”
Then again, it looks like O’Neal might actually be considering following in the footsteps of fellow thespian Josh Brolin, who has crossed multiple cinematic universes without forming an allegiance to any of them. Brolin played Jonah Hex in the eponymous DC movie, and is currently playing Thanos in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe while simultaneously playing Cable in Fox’s Deadpool franchise. With that in mind, Shaq revealed that he’d actually like to revise his titular role in Steel.
“It was an awesome opportunity,” O’Neal said of the 1997 film. “However, I’d like to redo it and get some of these 2018 special effects.”
Bleeding Cool fully supports Shaq’s superhero movie aspirations, whatever they end up being. And we would definitely like to see him “kick Robert Downey Jr.’s ass” in an Avengers film. However, before he goes off picking fights with anyone else, we can’t help but feel like maybe he should stop ducking The Big Show, who was rumored for a WrestleMania feud with Shaq in WWE last year before Shaq dropped out.
- The Charlie Brown Reboot You Never Knew You Needed is Back on Kickstarter for Weapon Brown: Aftershock - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – It’s Not a Happy Birthday for Logan in Weapon X #15 - March 19, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Matt Kindt’s 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man in New Expanded Edition - March 19, 2018
- Braun Strowman Must Find Partner for WrestleMania Tag Team Title Match; Here’s the 3 Most Likely Choices - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Drinking, Killing, and Portable Storage Technology in Old Man Logan #36 - March 19, 2018