Amazon‘s new series The Boys just made a number of new additions to The Seven’s membership roster on Wednesday. Antony Starr (American Gothic), Dominique McElligott (The Last Tycoon), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Jessie T. Usher (Survivor’s Remorse) and Nathan Mitchell (iZombie) are set to join Jessica Jones‘ Erin Moriarty as leads in the streaming service’s adaptation of Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson‘s (Happy!) comic book series.
Created for series by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and with Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen set to direct, here’s an overview of the comic book series that was originally published from 2006-2012 from Wildstorm and Dynamite Entertainment.
This is going to hurt! In a world where costumed heroes soar through the sky and masked vigilantes prowl the night, someone’s got to make sure the “supes” don’t get out of line. And someone will! Billy Butcher, Wee Hughie, Mother’s Milk, The Frenchman, and The Female are The Boys: A CIA-backed team of very dangerous people, each one dedicated to the struggle against the most dangerous force on Earth – superpower! Some superheroes have to be watched. Some have to be controlled. And some of them – sometimes – need to be taken out of the picture. That’s when you call in The Boys!
Starr has been tapped to play Homelander, leader of the main superhero team, The Seven; with McElligott playing Queen Maeve, a member of The Seven; Usher playing The Seven member, A-Train, a superhero faster than a speeding train. Rounding out the casting announcement are Crawford as The Seven member The Deep, an aquatic hero; and Mitchell as Black Noir, a masked superhero with fighting and Set martial arts skills.
Previously cast, Moriaty is set to play Starlight aka Annie, a young woman with superhero powers who can make lightning bolts flash from her eyes. Her dream is to be a real superhero like the famous Seven.
Sony Pictures TV Studios and Amazon are set to co-produce the series, with Neal H. Moritz’s Original Films.
- Stephen King Fan's Amazing Collection Ruined in Flood
- Director Dan Trachtenberg Confirms ‘The Boys’ Production Under Way - May 25, 2018
- NFL Owners’ Controversial Decision, Watchmen “Remix”, Who’s on Twitch, and More [The Weekly Static s01e41] - May 25, 2018
- This Is Spelling; There Are Rules: The A-Z of the 2018 Scripps National Spelling Bee - May 25, 2018
- Siren Songs s01e10: Bleeding Cool’s Mer-Mazing Season Finale Live-Blog! - May 24, 2018
- Good Morning, ‘Hair Live!’ NBC Says Hello to 2019’s Spring Musical - May 24, 2018