The Pokemon Company announced today that Detective Pikachu would finally be making its way out of Japan later this year.
Detective Pikachu is going to focus the of the upcoming Pokemon movie, which was always a pretty surprising turn of events. Mostly, that was because the character had only turned up once before. His own game granted, but one that was only available in Japan.
Well, finally, it is is getting localised and released in the US and Europe. The 3DS game is fully voiced, and disconcertingly, Detective Pikachu speaks English with a really gruff voice (that puts that moment where Pikachu talks in the latest animated movie into perspective). The game is set to land March 23, 2018. Here is a trailer for it, where you can hear ol’ Pikachu chatting away.
To go along with the game, a rather large Detective Pikachu Amiibo is coming out too. While most amiibos stand at around 7cms tall, this one towers at over 13cms. When used, it will unlock all the ‘Pika Prompts’ which act as clues in the game.
With the Detective Pikachu movie coming, this always felt inevitable. English speakers will probably benefit from knowing who the character is going into a film. Still, it’s always nice to have something confirmed and I know plenty who will be pretty excited for th is.
- 'Detective Pikachu' Film Gains Ken Watanabe
- Pokémon GO Unveils Community Day & New Legendary Addition
- Marvel Gets 2 New Funko Products Featuring Deadpool and Venom
- Game of Thrones Arya Stark from ThreeZero Fully Revealed
- PC Version of Red Dead Redemption 2 Turns Up on Linkedin Profile - June 22, 2018
- Capcom Open to Streaming More Games Onto the Nintendo Switch - June 22, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Female Protagonist Seems to be More Canon - June 22, 2018
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is Coming to Nintendo Switch This September - June 21, 2018
- Gears 5 Won’t go Back to ‘Gears of War 5’ Title - June 21, 2018