The Nintendo Direct mini video that came out today had its fair share of surprises and announcements, but the one that is catching a lot of people off guard and getting a lot of buzz today is that Hyrule Warriors will be getting a Definitive Edition and be released on the Nintendo Switch in 2018. To be clear about the content, this brings together every single character, map, and more from both the 3DS version and the Wii U version, along with whatever DLC content they had, together under one game. Which, let’s be honest with ourselves, Zelda fans, is what they should have done with the game in the first place. Below is the official description of the game as we patiently wait for an official date to come from Nintendo beyond “this Spring”.
A new, ultimate version of the exhilarating action game set in the Zelda universe will include every map and mission, plus all 29 playable characters from both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game, along with all of the previous paid downloadable content. Play as Link, Zelda, Midna, Skull Kid and dozens more in action-packed battles at home or on the go. Additionally, the game includes new outfits for Link and Zelda based on the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game.
- New Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer Shows Off the Game's Best Moments
- Koei Tecmo Releases New Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Pics Showing Updated Looks
- More Characters Highlighted In Japanese Trailer For Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Gets A Japanese Character Trailer
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Gets A New Japanese Trailer
- Freedom Planet Gets a Social Media Tease for Nintendo Switch
- Super Mario Odyssey Is Getting New Content With Luigi's Balloon World
- Media Create Shows Nintendo Switch & PS4 Leading Japanese 2018 Sales
- Shellendorf Museum Map Coming To Splatoon 2 On Friday
- Two New Fighters Will Be Coming To Pokkén Tournament DX
- EA's Fe Will Launch in February for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch