Super Sons #11 from DC Comics by Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, Ryan Benjamin, Richard Friend, Gabe Eltaeb, and Rob Leigh is the second part of the new crossover Super Sons of Tomorrow, which brings some stakes to the teenage World’s Finest as Batman Tim Drake snares them in his trap.
Much like the first part, this second instalment of the crossover keeps things explosive, though slows down the pace somewhat in order to share Drake’s reason for his planned course of action… or at the very least, so far. After all, why only one of the two boys should be the target for Drake is still a bit of a mystery.
However, the why is more defined in this issue, so while it does slow the pace significantly, it can be forgiven somewhat. Is a little tell rather than show, but without a larger space to tell the story, it kind of makes sense to have a small info dump here.
Moreover, the issue suggests some major changes for Superboy, which will be intriguing to see just how those play out.
The issue ends with another bombshell moment, and a reveal that is an explosion within the explosion due to the potential consequences it holds in the wider Rebirth mystery.
It would seem that some timelines are not so happy about being overwritten, and they may be looking to do some overwriting themselves… and in some way, they are still out there.
An intriguing element to have, but the inclusion of Hypertime, the concept that came along during DC’s The Kingdom story way back when, allows for it. And you never know, it may also ultimately connect to the wider goings-on of Rebirth as a whole. That we will have to wait and see.
Super Sons #11 slows the pace somewhat, but is still pretty explosive and a fun next part to the growing crossover. Super Sons #11 comes out Wednesday, December 20th — the same day as the first part of the crossover in Superman #37.
Be the first to leave a review.
- The Return Of Conner Kent In The Super Sons Of Tomorrow
- Time Is Broken In The DC Universe, Batman Says So (SPOILERS)
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017