Warner Bros. has broken a record this year — and no, we’re not just talking about lowest opening weekend ever for a DCEU film with Justice League. The Bros. have become the first major studio to cross the threshold of $2 billion at the domestic box office, according to a report from Deadline. That comes despite Justice League’s box office disappointment, including the unlikelihood that the movie will end up making a profit. It’s also, according to the report, Warner Bros.’s second best year ever, driven by the success of films like Wonder Woman and It (and not, as previously explained, Justice League).
However, the victory for Warner Bros. will be short lived. While Warner Bros. has no potential smash hits left before the end of the year, rival Disney, sitting pretty at $1.85 billion so far, plans to release Star Wars: The Last Jedi on December 15th, and that will surely push Disney to the top before the year is out. Warner Bros. will be left in second place — always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
There’s one trick Warner Bros. still has up its sleeve. As a last ditch, Hail Mary effort to thwart Disney’s Star Wars momentum and pad their box office totals, Warner Bros. could release the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League to theaters immediately. Then, and only then, Warner Bros. might have the chance of beating Disney at the domestic box office for 2017.
Sure, the Zack Snyder cut may not have finished effects on all of the scenes, but that doesn’t matter. Zack Snyder’s “vision” can carry the film through. And yeah, there’s no telling how many of the people who have been demanding a Zack Snyder cut of Justice League will pay to see it in the theater after already having watched alleged fake feminist Joss Whedon‘s version, and after Bleeding Cool’s recent investigative report showing that the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League was inside us all along.
A petition on Change.org demanding the cut garnered 150,000 signatures, but there’s no telling how many of those are fake. It could be 3-5% of the signatures, or it could be as high as 90% of the signatures. Literally nobody knows. The only thing for certain is that in the face of a galactic empire like the Star Wars franchise, only one man can save Warner Bros. from defeat. Help us, Zack Snyder. You’re our only hope.
- Website Finally Launches Outlining Plan to Turn Dream of Justice League Snyder Cut into Reality
- So, About Those Black Suit Superman Scenes in Justice League...
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: Taking Our Emotions for a Ride [Spoiler-Free]
- Report: Justice League Failure Prompts DC Films Shakeup as Jon Berg Steps Down
- The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League Was Inside of Us All Along [Opinion]
- Rumor: Warner Bros Considering Joss Whedon Extended Cut of Justice League
- Competing Fan Petition Demands All Joss Whedon Cut of Justice League
- Some Of Those Signatures On The Justice League Petition Could Be Fake
- Rob Liefeld Wants To See Footage From Zack Snyder's Cut Of Justice League Demanded By Fan Petition
- Justice League Could Lose A Buttload Of Money For Warner Bros
- Zack Snyder Supports Petition Asking Warner Bros To Release Zack Snyder's Cut Of Justice League
- Report: Joss Whedon Not Fired From Batgirl After Justice League Flop
- DC Fans Start Petition For Warner Bros To Release Zack Snyder's Cut Of Justice League Because Of Course They Did
- Everyone Was Wrong About Justice League's Box Office Take; It Was Actually Lower
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Blast Critics, Defends Zack Snyder In Self-Described Justice League Rant
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Already Wants Warner Bros. To Release Justice League Ultimate Cut
- Does This List Set Out Which Justice League Scenes Were Whedon And Which Were Snyder? [SPOILERS]
- After Joss Whedon Reshoots, Justice League Runtime Now 50 Minutes Shorter
- Hickman and Kirkman Sitting in a Tree M-A-K-I-N-G Amazon Shows for East of West and Transhuman - April 19, 2018
- WWE Takes Out Restraining Order on Fan Armed with Own Poop - April 19, 2018
- Starburns Industries Announces Plan to Rule Comics with SBI Press, Executive Editor Brendan Wright - April 19, 2018
- Impact Wrestling Star Scott Steiner Wonders Who Will Cut Grass if Trump Deports Mexicans - April 19, 2018
- Lion Forge Joins the CBLDF - April 19, 2018