In the wake of Justice League’s disappointing box office returns and mixed to negative critical response, a lot of fans have placed blame on Warner Bros, who brought in alleged fake feminist Joss Whedon to replace Zack Snyder after Snyder had to leave the film due to a family tragedy. Whedon’s version of the film, the story goes, differs significantly from Zack Snyder’s vision, as seen in such landmark films as Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. This has prompted some fans to create a petition demanding a Zack Snyder cut of the film be released by Warner Bros, restoring Snyder’s vision and proving that Justice League would have been a smash hit and a critical masterpiece if only Snyder hadn’t been thwarted.
But others disagreed, and started a petition demanding that a cut with even more of Snyder’s parts removed and more of Whedon’s added was created. That petition has far fewer signatures at 323 to 154,000 for the Zack Snyder one, but, possibly due to the fact that the Zack Snyder petition was found to contain fake signatures, Warner Bros seems to be considering listening to the Whedon petition.
According to a rumor originating from Mario F. Robles, a self-proclaimed “freelance writer and scooper for places like @IGN & @TheSplashReport,” Warner Bros is considering producing a Joss Whedon extended cut of Justice League for the home video release, just as the second petition demands.
It would include an Extended Cut of JL.
It'd be an extended version of the theatrical cut. Not Snyder's cut.
— Mario-F. Robles (@I_Am_MFR) December 6, 2017
Of course, this rumor doesn’t come from an official source, so take it with a grain of salt, unless you are on a low sodium diet, in which case take it with a healthy does of skepticism, unless of course you are on a low skepticism diet, in which case just do whatever you want – you shouldn’t let clickbait entertainment websites tell you what to do with your life anyway.
So what do you think, Little Bleeders? Would you like to see the Joss Whedon extended cut of Justice League as part of a Zack Snyder Superman box set? Chime in below in the comments!
- Website Finally Launches Outlining Plan to Turn Dream of Justice League Snyder Cut into Reality
- Warner Bros. Crosses $2 Billion at the Box Office, but with Zack Snyder Cut, Could It Be $3 Billion?
- The Creator of the Snyder Cut Petition Has Raised Over $400 to Make a Movie About It - March 16, 2018
- Image Reveals Francesco Mattina Covers for Spawn #284 - March 16, 2018
- Rick Remender Reveals Plans to Dominate Deluxe Hardcover Market - March 16, 2018
- WrestleMania Returns to New Jersey - March 16, 2018
- You’ve Seen the Poster, You’ve Seen the Trailer – Now See the Avengers: Infinity War Motion Poster - March 16, 2018