In the wake of Justice League’s disappointing box office returns and mixed to negative critical response, a lot of fans have placed blame on Warner Bros, who brought in alleged fake feminist Joss Whedon to replace Zack Snyder after Snyder had to leave the film due to a family tragedy. Whedon’s version of the film, the story goes, differs significantly from Zack Snyder’s vision, as seen in such landmark films as Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. This has prompted some fans to create a petition demanding a Zack Snyder cut of the film be released by Warner Bros, restoring Snyder’s vision and proving that Justice League would have been a smash hit and a critical masterpiece if only Snyder hadn’t been thwarted.
But others disagreed, and started a petition demanding that a cut with even more of Snyder’s parts removed and more of Whedon’s added was created. That petition has far fewer signatures at 323 to 154,000 for the Zack Snyder one, but, possibly due to the fact that the Zack Snyder petition was found to contain fake signatures, Warner Bros seems to be considering listening to the Whedon petition.
According to a rumor originating from Mario F. Robles, a self-proclaimed “freelance writer and scooper for places like @IGN & @TheSplashReport,” Warner Bros is considering producing a Joss Whedon extended cut of Justice League for the home video release, just as the second petition demands.
It would include an Extended Cut of JL.
It'd be an extended version of the theatrical cut. Not Snyder's cut.
— Mario-F. Robles (@I_Am_MFR) December 6, 2017
Of course, this rumor doesn’t come from an official source, so take it with a grain of salt, unless you are on a low sodium diet, in which case take it with a healthy does of skepticism, unless of course you are on a low skepticism diet, in which case just do whatever you want – you shouldn’t let clickbait entertainment websites tell you what to do with your life anyway.
So what do you think, Little Bleeders? Would you like to see the Joss Whedon extended cut of Justice League as part of a Zack Snyder Superman box set? Chime in below in the comments!
- Warner Bros. Crosses $2 Billion at the Box Office, but with Zack Snyder Cut, Could It Be $3 Billion?
- Last Jedi Star Mark Hamill Disses Ted Cruz over Smarm-splaining Net Neutrality - December 17, 2017
- Will Rian Johnson’s Star Wars Trilogy Feature Luke Skywalker and Be Set in Modern-Day New York? [SPOILERS] - December 17, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Earns $220 Million at Domestic Box Office - December 17, 2017
- On His 49th Birthday, Eisner Award-Winning Journalist and CxC Founder Wants Just One Thing: Money - December 16, 2017
- Is WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Planning to Reboot the XFL? - December 16, 2017