Marvel thanked fans on Twitter Thursday after the trailer for Avengers: Infinity War was viewed over 230 million times in just 24 hours, making it the most viewed trailer of all time. The trailer was released on Wednesday after months of anticipation following footage shown at San Diego Comic Con.
“Thank you to the best fans in the universe for making Avengers: Infinity War the most viewed trailer of all time with 230 million views in 24 hours,” wrote the Marvel Studios twitter account in a massive brag disguised as a thank you.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) November 30, 2017
“See you all May 4th,” it added, rather presumptuously. Who knows what could happen between now and then?! And besides, there’s no guarantee that all of the people who watched the trailer will come to the theaters on opening night. The average movie ticket price in 2015 was about $8, and Avengers: Age of Ultron made $1.4 billion in the theaters. That means somewhere around 175 million tickets were purchased for the movie. Not all of them were purchased on opening night, and lots of people probably saw the movie (and watched the trailer, for that matter), more than once. Try and get your facts straight, Marvel!
If you missed it — which would seem to be unlikely, all things considered — you can watch the trailer by clicking here (because if Marvel is gonna get 230 million clicks out of it, you could give us just one more).
- Ahead of Ultimate Deletion, Matt Hardy Seeks Advice from Giraffe to Defeat Bray Wyatt - March 17, 2018
- Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35? One Superstar Likes the Idea (and It’s Nikki Bella) - March 17, 2018
- Roman Reigns Defeats Steroid Scandal to Earn Title Shot at WrestleMania - March 17, 2018
- Joe Quesada Draws 3 Versions of Daredevil for Daredevil #600 Retailer Exclusive Variants - March 17, 2018
- Former WWE Superstar Grandmaster Sexay Badly Beaten in Hotel Room Brawl with Chase Stevens - March 17, 2018