The first 17 minutes of the Season 5 premiere of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD found its way online Sunday, but it wasn’t malicious hackers trying to ransom the show behind the leak. This time, it was Marvel themselves who released the footage.
It’s possible that Marvel is trying to get viewers excited for the two-hour premiere, but could it be something more? Maybe Marvel is testing the waters for future plans for Season 6.
Earlier this year, we learned that ABC executives wanted to cancel the show, whose ratings have fallen continuously since its debut. However, it seems that Marvel petitioned parent company Disney to force their sibling to keep the show on the air. If ABC tries it again after Season 5, and Marvel isn’t able to get Disney to intervene, they may need to try something drastic, like releasing the show on Twitter. After all, we–
*The flaming head of Bleeding Cool managing editor Mark Seifert appears floating above Jude’s computer, looking annoyed…*
Flaming Mark Head: Jude! Stop trashing Agents of SHIELD for no reason! And they’d probably put it on the new Disney Streaming service.
*The head disappears leaving an unpleasant odor of sulfur and musty old periodicals…*
So never mind everything we just said. Just check out the 17-minute preview above, and be sure to tune in to ABC on Friday at 8 p.m. ET for Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 1!
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018
- Is Tom Taylor Planning to Kill the DC Universe? - December 12, 2018
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018