The first 17 minutes of the Season 5 premiere of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD found its way online Sunday, but it wasn’t malicious hackers trying to ransom the show behind the leak. This time, it was Marvel themselves who released the footage.
It’s possible that Marvel is trying to get viewers excited for the two-hour premiere, but could it be something more? Maybe Marvel is testing the waters for future plans for Season 6.
Earlier this year, we learned that ABC executives wanted to cancel the show, whose ratings have fallen continuously since its debut. However, it seems that Marvel petitioned parent company Disney to force their sibling to keep the show on the air. If ABC tries it again after Season 5, and Marvel isn’t able to get Disney to intervene, they may need to try something drastic, like releasing the show on Twitter. After all, we–
*The flaming head of Bleeding Cool managing editor Mark Seifert appears floating above Jude’s computer, looking annoyed…*
Flaming Mark Head: Jude! Stop trashing Agents of SHIELD for no reason! And they’d probably put it on the new Disney Streaming service.
*The head disappears leaving an unpleasant odor of sulfur and musty old periodicals…*
So never mind everything we just said. Just check out the 17-minute preview above, and be sure to tune in to ABC on Friday at 8 p.m. ET for Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 1!
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Hip Hop Variants to Appear on Actual Hip Hop Albums - October 22, 2018