I’m the king of recap, there is none higher, so sucker MC’s should probably call me “sire.” To burn my kingdom, you must use fire, but I won’t stop rockin’ till…The Weekly Static!
Now while I work on getting my cockles up to a respectable level of warmth, take a minute to check out your…
So with mad respect to the great Run-DMC – here’s what all the fuss is about: The Weekly Static is my righteously desperate-yet-endearing attempt at finding the lighter side and an interesting perspective on the past week in the land of the networks, cable, streaming, smoke signals, cloud formations, and shadow puppets.
Our goal? Pretty simple:
● Offer a blunt, honest perspective on a handful of random TV news posts from the past week that also highlights your relentless team of news-thirsty Bleeding Cool writers and the quality work they do.
● Spotlight a news item we missed, but we’re pretty damn sure you’ll find it interesting.
● Feed my insatiable ego with humble offerings of praise, adulation, social media shares, pizza, Superman Funkos, and a plethora of Eisner Award nominations. And at least one write-in vote in the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election.
“Since premiering more than a decade ago, Adult Swim’s far-out cartoon Squidbillies has had its theme song covered by a litany of artists ranging from T-Pain to Father John Misty to the B-52s. Considering his history of riffing on institutional tunes — and championing absurdist comedy — it was only a matter of time before ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic put his signature spin on the well-known theme, which EW is exclusively premiering above.
‘I think any song sounds significantly better as a polka,’ Yankovic tells EW, ‘and the Squidbillies theme is certainly no exception.’”
- Smallville’s Sam Witwer Joins Supergirl Season 4 as Agent Liberty - July 17, 2018
- Tales from The Loop: Amazon Studios Greenlights Sci-Fi Fantasy Series Based on Simon Stålenhag Art - July 17, 2018
- Win a Chance to Cook Up a Batch with Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul – For a Great Cause - July 17, 2018
- ‘The Politician’: Ryan Murphy Casts 4 More for Ben Platt/Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix Series - July 16, 2018
- Sean Penn Series ‘The First’ Gets Launch Date, First-Look Images from Hulu - July 16, 2018