Lookin’ at my Gucci, it’s about that time — so welcome back to The Weekly Static!
Now just hold on, give me a second — I know it’s around here somewhere… here it is!
In case you’re new to the neighborhood, let me get you squared away with a heads-up about what this is all about: The Weekly Static is my righteously desperate-yet-endearing attempt at finding the lighter side and an interesting perspective on the past week in the land of the networks, cable, streaming, smoke signals, cloud formations, and shadow puppets.
Our goal? Pretty simple:
● Offer a blunt, honest perspective on a handful of random TV news posts from the past week that also highlights your relentless team of news-thirsty Bleeding Cool writers and the quality work they do.
● Spotlight a news item we might’ve missed that you should find interesting.
● Feed my insatiable ego with humble offerings of praise, adulation, social media shares, pizza, Superman Funkos, and a plethora of Eisner Award nominations.
So dig through the ditches and burn through the witches and slam in the back of my…The Weekly Static!
“George Romero was making TV commercials in Pittsburgh when he created “Night Of The Living Dead.” He started with an allegorical short story and $6,000, intending to make a real blood and guts film. The seminal 1968 classic amped up the gore and redefined horror movies for fear-sated audiences in the ’60s. It’s seen as a progenitor for modern zombie pop culture. When he died July 16, 2017 in Toronto, obits declared Romero “father of the modern movie zombie.” In 1972, I spoke with Romero in Pittsburgh for Filmmakers Newsletter Magazine — in honor of today’s dedication of his star on the Walk of Fame, here is the complete interview.”
- Thor Center Stage In Latest ' LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2' Trailer
- David Pumpkins Gets A Funko Pop, Because Of Course
- WWE Figures Galore Revealed At Today's Ringside Fest
- Stranger Things Season 2 Review- A Rare Sequel That Lives Up To The Hype
- Oklahoma City Thunder Ok After Plane Hits...Something
- Taking Confession 305 ‘The Coffin’: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Live-Blog! - July 22, 2018
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 SDCC Trailer: It’s a Twister! It’s a Twister! Maybe a “Zomb-Nado”? - July 22, 2018
- Andrew Lincoln, Dominic Cooper, Joseph Gilgun, and Seth Rogen Succumb to Bleeding Cool’s Equipment [SDCC] - July 22, 2018
- Preacher SDCC Panel: Joseph Gilgun Delivers Powerful Message on Mental Health - July 22, 2018
- Preacher Season 3 SDCC Trailer: Gran’ma L’Angell Deals with The Devil while Tulip Joins The Grail…What??? - July 22, 2018