Microsoft posted this listing for the complete information to the next Xbox One software update that will be happening this month. Below is a snippet of the basic details, but you can click the link for more detailed information.
We are now releasing the first Preview Alpha 1711 build.
Here’s a sneak peek at what to expect in 1711:
• For Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring, the Microsoft Store now enables gifting of select digital Xbox One games, “durable” downloadable content (DLC) (map packs, weapon skins, etc.), Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass—right from your console! Just choose a game within the Store, select “Buy as Gift,” and send it to your friends or family members by picking their Gamertag or entering their email address.
NOTE: Digital gifting will be enabled for Preview Alpha @ 1:00PM PDT on 10/27 and is not tied to the system update. Please see Digital Gifting below for more information.
• In addition to games and friends, you will soon be able to add club blocks to Home. We’re also making it easier to explore additional types of blocks at the bottom of Home by adding a new section under “Add More.”
• We’re improving the setup experience to make it better for both new users and upgraders. The settings from your home console will now be saved to the cloud, just like your game saves. Whenever you set up a new console, you will have the option of applying these settings during the sign-in process.
• Additionally, your console will now back up even more settings, including your TV & OneGuide settings. This expansion will provide a simple experience when you transition from one console to another using the settings backup to your external games and apps storage device.
• The Xbox app for iOS and Android will now enable you to finish setting up your new Xbox One X console while it’s downloading the day one update. Additionally, we’ve also improved the process for enabling 4K output right out of the box.
• Xbox’s new notifications provide an at-a-glance status of what activities you can immediately step into after you’ve had to step out for a moment. We’re adding additional notifications types when your system goes idle, including LFG posts, broadcasts, and Achievements.
• We’re adding miniature Game Hubs for your most recently used games in the Guide. That way, you can access the great content on a game hub without having to leave the action.
• Adults who have enabled the “Buy & download” online safety setting will now have an easier time purchasing games thanks to a passkey/password challenge directly in the Xbox dashboard.
• We’ve heard your feedback! Games with no unlocked achievements can now be hidden from the personal and public view of your profile.
These features will roll out to Xbox Insiders over the next few weeks. Insiders can check the release notes within the Xbox Insider Hub for more details, or navigate to the Xbox Insider forums at forums.xbox.com.
- A Complete List Of Games Getting Enhancements For Xbox One X
- Microsoft Apparently Has A Shortage Of Xbox One X Consoles
- Xbox One Gifted Games Last A Bit Longer Than You Think
- UK Fans May See A Shortage Of Xbox One X Systems
- Oklahoma City Thunder Ok After Plane Hits...Something
- Microsoft Reveal Their November 2017 "Games With Gold" List
- Don't Like The Kinect? That's Cool, Microsoft Just Ceased Production Of It
- Microsoft Releases A New 'Gears OF War 4' Trailer For Xbox One X
- The Latest Xbox One X Commercial Tried To Brag About Power
- 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Is Finally Getting Fixed... In 2018
- EA Games Suspends Purchases In ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ - November 16, 2017
- Picking Your Favorite Spartan With Jinx’s Halo Figures - November 16, 2017
- Stay As Warm As Master Chief: We Review Jinx’s Line Of Halo Jackets - November 16, 2017
- Trying To Survive? WWE Booked Survivor Series Like A Fire Sale - November 15, 2017
- ‘Fighting EX Layer’ Gets A Name And An Open Beta Date - November 15, 2017