And no, it wasn’t Sean Spicer! 36-year-old Curtis Combs of Kentucky was caught after jumping a fence and attempting to invade the White House while dressed as the Pokémon character Pikachu, reports CNN.
Combs was unarmed and nobody was harmed in the incident. Combs said that he jumped the fence to get famous after researching legal penalties for previous fence-jumpers and determining that it was worth the price. Combs ignored multiple warnings from police as he blatantly carried out his plan, rather than simply trying to slip in the front gate while innocently strolling through and chirping, “PIKA-PIKA!”
Thankfully, once inside, Combs was easily apprehended. If he had gotten away, investigators would have needed to spend hours searching the grounds using the Pokémon Go! app on their smartphones.
The Pikachu attacker may been stopped, but are there more Pokémon-themed infiltration attempts on the way? Mewtwo? Psyduck? Bulbasaur? Will Jigglypuff put the entire White House to sleep?! This time, Curtis Combs looked at his costume options and said, “Pikachu: I choose you.” But next time, we might not be so lucky.
It’s clear there’s only one thing left for the Secret Service to do: catch ’em all.
- The EX Raid Invite System In 'Pokémon GO' Is Currently Busted
- Niantic Finally Fix A Nagging 'Pokémon GO' Bug To PokeStops
- Team Rocket Return In Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon To Be The Last 2DS/3DS Pokémon Games
- Niantic Finally Reveal Their Halloween Event For 'Pokémon GO'
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018
- Stealth Crossover? Domino and Mr. and Mrs. X Both Visit the Mojoverse in January - October 16, 2018