A massive fire that has already burned 20,000 acres in Sonoma County, California has prompted the evacuation of parts of the city of Santa Rosa Monday morning. The fire began Sunday Night, and though there are no reported deaths so far, two hospitals have been evacuated in Santa Rosa as residents flee the path of the flames. Many homes and businesses have already been burned in Sonoma and Napa counties.
Amongst the homes and businesses potentially in the fire’s path is one comics institution, the Charles Schulz Museum and Research Center. Located just north of Steel Lane on the west side of Highway 101, the Schulz museum is just inside the border of the current evacuation area in Santa Rosa. The museum houses a huge collection of the Peanuts creator’s artwork, as well as correspondence, personal artifacts, and tribute art from other cartoonists.
The Schulz museum has not issued any statement about the fire, and has not responded to request for comment as of press time.
- Marvel’s ‘What If?’ Returns in October with 6 New One-Shots - July 16, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Deadpool Assassin #3, When the Brains Go Caving In - July 15, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Everything is Resolved by Punching in Exiles #5 - July 15, 2018
- 5 Previews for X-Men Comics Hitting Stores on July 18th - July 15, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Another Epic Magneto Meltdown is Imminent in X-Men Blue #31 - July 15, 2018