94-year-old Stan Lee is a cameo-filming machine, and Marvel just can’t keep up with him!
At Hascon this weekend, Lee’s manager revealed that Lee has already filmed cameos for the next five Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
“What we can say about Avengers: Infinity War is that he filmed both parts, one and two,” Lee’s manager said in a video captured by ComicBook.com. “We did Ant-Man. We did Black Panther. We did Thor too.”
The only movie currently on the schedule left for Lee to film is Captain Marvel. However, Marvel has three officially untitled movies coming out in 2020, one of which we know will be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Lee could get started on those, but at this rate, Marvel is simply not producing movies fast enough to keep up with Lee’s cameo filming schedule.
It’s possible that Lee could begin filming cameos for potential movies Marvel might make in the future, perhaps even influencing the future direction of the Marvel Universe based on the cameos he films. For instance, if Lee were to film a cameo for Howard the Duck 2, Marvel would probably be forced to make it, even if they weren’t planning to, just so as not to waste the valuable footage. Lee could influence casting and storylines by who he appears with and what he does in the cameos.
It would be a whole new way of making movies, but hey, after the last summer at the box office, anything is worth a shot.
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Face of Doom in All-New Wolverine #35 - May 19, 2018