Superstar actor Leonardo DiCaprio is the frontrunner for the role of Stan Lee in an upcoming biopic that Lee may decide to make one day, Lee revealed at Hascon this weekend.
Lee is already in talks with DiCaprio about the role, and the actor is said to be on board, according to a report from Adventures in Poor Taste that we are definitely not taking way too seriously. DiCaprio has previously been rumored for the role of The Joker in an unwanted origin movie, so scoring DiCaprio for a movie about the Marvel legend would be a big coup and also screw over the Distinguished Competition.
“Believe it or not, I’ve already discussed it with Leonardo DiCaprio,” Lee told the audience of a panel at the convention after being asked who he’d like to play him in a movie. “He’s a neighbor of mine and we were talking one day some months ago, and he said, ‘Boy it’d be fun to do your story on the screen.'”
Lee also revealed that he’s agreed to audition DiCaprio for the part: “So I said, ‘Well, I’ll audition you.’ Gotta make sure the guy can do it.”
No word yet on a director or a release date for this film, but we’ll be following this story closely and treating it with the seriousness that entertainment journalism demands.
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018