In a relatively short time, superstar writer Cullen Bunn has risen from the indie darling creator of The Sixth Gun at Oni Press to the writer of, at last count, 82 current ongoing series across Marvel, DC, and pretty much every other publisher. Bunn’s prolific output is unmatched in comics, and some might say he’s accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the industry. His dominance was recently cemented when Diamond released their August sales charts, revealing that more than 37% of the current industry market share belongs to Bunn.
So it’s no surprise that the ruthless Bunn is looking for other entertainment industries to conquer. Next on his list, it seems, is TV. Bunn tweeted this weekend:
My first formal pitch for a TV series has been sent out! How do you think I did?
— Bunnkinhead (@cullenbunn) September 9, 2017
Bunn hasn’t revealed any further details on the pitch, but if it’s picked up, it will likely be just a few short years before Bunn is writing half the shows on television, fulfilling a quest for revenge that began when NBC passed on the Sixth Gun pilot back in 2013.
Of course, once he’s conquered television, Cullen Bunn is unlikely to be happy and stop there. Will he move on to movies after that? Pro wrestling? Politics?
Bunn hasn’t denied a 2020 run, and it would be foolish to rule it out.
- Get Your First Look At Origin Of Wonder Woman’s Brother, Jason Woman, In Wonder Woman #35 Preview - November 20, 2017
- Blue Beetle Confirmed To Be Cancelled With DC February Solicitations - November 20, 2017
- DC To Collect Trina Robbins And Kurt Busiek’s Legends Of Wonder Woman, As Amazon Snubs Robbins - November 20, 2017
- Lizzy Caplan Supposedly In Talks For Supposed Role In Channing Tatum’s Supposed Gambit Movie - November 20, 2017
- Wolverine Starting To Ramp Up Guest Appearance Schedule Ahead Of 2018 Return - November 20, 2017