Kevin Sorbo, who played Hercules in the 1990s TV show Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and recently played Lar Gand, King of Daxam in the last season of Supergirl, is set to speak at the Value Voters Conference in Washington DC this October.
Sorbo joins fellow speakers such as President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Dr. Ben Carson, Michelle Bachmann, Senator Tim Scott, Kirk Cameron, and the dude with the beard from Duck Dynasty. The conference, which has been held annually since 2006, supports “social conservative values,” most prominently opposing LGBTQ rights and abortion.
Sorbo has previously said that his social conservative views have hindered his career in Hollywood. In 2016, Sorbo said:
“My faith certainly hurt me in Hollywood. I did Hercules for seven years, it was the most watched show for a good number of years. But then, for me to get called in to read for anything, it just dropped drastically when I came out of that conservative Christian closet.”
That same year, Sorbo also said he supported racial profiling of Muslims:
“Look I’m Norwegian, that’s my heritage. If there’s Norwegian’s going around strapping bombs to themselves and blowing people up, you can check me out. I don’t care if you racially profile against me. I have nothing to hide. If they have nothing to hide, why do they get upset about stuff. They take one day out of your life to check you out. What’s wrong with that? Fingerprint me, check out my background, what’s the big deal?”
Sorbo has gone on the record as saying Jesus would vote for Donald Trump.
- 'It' Was Never Going To Feature THAT Scene In The Sewers
- Sony And WWE Tag Team For The Marine 6, Featuring An All Star Cast (Of Wrestlers) - November 22, 2017
- Jim Shooter Blasts Marvel: “They Forgot What Business They’re In” - November 22, 2017
- Why Doomsday Clock Was Always Destined For Success, Despite The Moral Implications - November 22, 2017
- Marvel Releases Teaser Trailer For Phoenix Resurrection - November 22, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Opening Weekend Could Be Bigger Than 2 Justice Leagues - November 22, 2017