Are you a fan of Marvel’s Jessica Jones, but wish the show was subject to the restrictions of network television and had more in common with shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Inhumans? If so, you’re in luck!
TV executives are gathered in Edinburgh for the Edinburgh TV Fest, and that includes Marvel Television Senior VP of Original Programming Karim Zreik. Zriek dropped some big news at the fest, revealing that Marvel has a new show in the works at ABC, home of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel’s Inhumans, according to a report from THR. The new show was described as female-focused and “Jessica Jones-esque.”
Zriek said Marvel was looking to target “different audiences” from comic book fans, and pointed out the male/female viewership demographic difference between Daredevil and Jessica Jones. No other details were revealed about the show, which means it’s time to start speculating. Post your best guesses in the comments below, and we may steal the best ones for a future speculative clickbait article if the news cycle gets slow enough.
- Hulu to Adapt Giannis Milonogiannis’s Old City Blues with Kerry Washington Starring, Gore Verbinski Directing - August 14, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Uncanny X-Men #1 Cover by Leinil Francis Yu and Edgar Delgado - August 14, 2018
- Dark Horse Reveals God of War Comic Book Mini-Series Launching in November - August 14, 2018
- That Time Vince McMahon Paid a Vampire to Spray Fake Blood on Donald Trump - August 14, 2018
- Old Spice: Gambit Gets a New Codename from Deadpool in Mr. and Mrs. X #2? - August 14, 2018