Are you a fan of Marvel’s Jessica Jones, but wish the show was subject to the restrictions of network television and had more in common with shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Inhumans? If so, you’re in luck!
TV executives are gathered in Edinburgh for the Edinburgh TV Fest, and that includes Marvel Television Senior VP of Original Programming Karim Zreik. Zriek dropped some big news at the fest, revealing that Marvel has a new show in the works at ABC, home of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel’s Inhumans, according to a report from THR. The new show was described as female-focused and “Jessica Jones-esque.”
Zriek said Marvel was looking to target “different audiences” from comic book fans, and pointed out the male/female viewership demographic difference between Daredevil and Jessica Jones. No other details were revealed about the show, which means it’s time to start speculating. Post your best guesses in the comments below, and we may steal the best ones for a future speculative clickbait article if the news cycle gets slow enough.
- First Look at DC Super Hero Girls Cartoon from Lauren Faust - May 21, 2018
- Check Out Amanda Conner and Dave Johnson’s Variant for Plastic Man #1 - May 21, 2018
- G. Willow Wilson on Gatekeeping Ms. Marvel’s Entry to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - May 21, 2018
- Terry Blas and Claudia Aguirre’s Hotel Dare Brings Magical All-Ages Amenities to BOOM! in 2019 - May 21, 2018
- Report: WWE’s Deal with Fox for SmackDown is Worth $1 Billion, but Show Might Go to 3 Hours - May 21, 2018