The latest word from Dynamite is that Multi-Eisner Award nominee Ibrahim Moustafa (Jaeger, High Crimes) will be writing and drawing a new 30-page one-shot set in the James Bond universe. The issue, James Bond: Solstice, sets 007 on an unofficial mission to Paris, where he is on the trail of a dangerous Russian… who may also be hunting him.
Moustafa talked about his upcoming project:
“I am an absolute James Bond fanatic! I have a deep love of the character and his sense of duty within his world of smoky card rooms, tailored suits, refined tastes and eccentric villains. Like most, my affinity for the gentleman spy began with the film franchise, but the original literary version of Bond would eventually become my favorite iteration of the character. I was absolutely thrilled when Dynamite launched their James Bond series depicting Fleming’s Bond in a modern context, and the opportunity to tell a story within that setting is quite literally a dream come true for me. Working with editor Nate Cosby has been one of the most rewarding collaborations that I’ve had working in comics, and I’m very grateful to the folks at Ian Fleming Publications Ltd. and Dynamite for the opportunity to send 007 on a mission of my very own!”
Moustafa is from Portland, Oregon. Besides his Eisner nominated series’ Jaeger and High Crimes from Stela and Dark Horse Comics, he’s also worked on Savage Things and Doctor Fate from DC/Vertigo, Mockingbird for Marvel Comics, and covers for Dynamite Entertainment, BOOM! Studios, IDW and Image Comics.
James Bond: Solstice will be solicited in the September 2017 Previews catalog and slated for release in November.
- James Bond Producer Would Consider A Female Director
- Supergirl Season 3: Can Lena Luthor Find a Cure for Reign? - May 21, 2018
- Lucifer to Air 2 Bonus Episodes, One with Guest Neil Gaiman - May 21, 2018
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell Teases a New Storytelling Technique for Season 7 - May 21, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Inside the Episode ‘The Fanatical’ - May 21, 2018
- Stephen Amell Says the Green Arrow Goatee is Coming - May 21, 2018