If you own a Nintendo Switch, you should be aware that payment options are very limited when it comes to setting up your eShop account. Thankfully, some of that restriction will soon ease up just a hair as PayPal will be added to the console as a payment option. Yesterday, PayPal announced a new partnership with Nintendo that will allow users to connect their PP accounts to their consoles.
On top of that, PayPal announced that users would be able to link up their account as a payment option to the Nintendo web store. Essentially, you upload your digital wallet to the site and purchase anything you want (including games and software) using your using your PayPal account. Normally this might be cool, but considering how long PayPal has been around and how other companies (especially in gaming) have been doing this for years, it almost seems like the announcement shows how behind the times Nintendo is in some aspects.
Whether or not this will make much of an impact on people’s buying habits is a totally different manner, but only time will tell as to whether people trust to link up their PayPal account with Nintendo’s consoles or stick with what they already have in place.
- Watch The Nintendo Switch Nindies Showcase Summer 2017
- Nintendo Highlights New Indie Titles With "Nintendo x Indies" Trailer
- Hajime Tabata Teases 'Final Fantasy XV' For The Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Releases Two Trailers For The Next Classic Editions
- Telltale's 'Batman: The Enemy Within' May Be Coming To The Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Switch To Get A 'Pokken Tournament DX' Demo
- Nintendo Switch's 3.0 Update Gives Way For Homebrewing Hacks
- THQ Nordic Releases a New Apocalyptic Trailer for Darksiders III - November 16, 2018
- Chucklefish Shows Off 15 Minutes of Eastward Footage - November 16, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Adds a New Free Zedhunter Update - November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen Will Offer a Free Week in Late November - November 16, 2018
- Atari Announces RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures for Switch - November 16, 2018