Today, Twitch announced a new partnership with Mexico’s AAA Lucha Libre Worldwide as their premiere event, Triplemania XXV, will be livestreamed on the social streaming platform. This is a major deal since it is the first time a PPV wrestling event from a promotion outside of the United States will be taking advantage of Twitch’s outreach to send their event to other countries they couldn’t have reached otherwise. Triplemania XXV will be broadcast with English and Spanish commentary, and come with a pre-show marathon featuring “best of” matches from previous Triplemania events to get people up to speed with their product.
We’ve included some quotes from key figures involved below, but for those of you interested in checking out the stream, the pre-show marathon will start on August 24 at 3 p.m. PDT, and run all the way until Triplemania XXV which starts on August 26 from 5-10 p.m. PDT. Viewers will have the chance to donate money to the channel and will have access to emotes themed after the event and various wrestlers so they can show support in the chat.
“We are very excited by the reaction of our fans to the “match of the decade” between Dr. Wagner Jr. and Psycho Clown,” said Dorian Roldán, Vice President of Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide commented. “This is why we decided to partner with Twitch to livestream Triplemania XXV exclusively on their platform and mobile applications. Since we both share a passion to innovate, we look forward to having Twitch broadcast our show around the world.”
“We have recently seen the Twitch community rally around wrestling content since the sport is also entertainment-driven with engaging personalities and supported by passionate fans,” said Emmett Shear, CEO at Twitch. “With AAA Worldwide being among the industry’s biggest wrestling organizations and lucha libre holding a special place in pop culture, our involvement with Triplemania XXV marks a fun and fascinating milestone.”
“The most significant part of this event is we are combining the rich tradition and heritage of Mexican lucha libre with the digital engagement and participation of the Twitch experience,” adds Christian Borneman, Director Latin America, Twitch . “By livestreaming this amazing content to fans worldwide, we are providing a new way to engage with one of LATAM’s most unique and compelling cultural offerings.”
- Twitch Announces New Interactive Developer "Extensions" At PAX West
- Twitch Adds In New Integration Tools For Hearthstone & Overwatch
- Twitch To Run Classic Game Show 'Starcade' For Next Marathon
- Twitch Releases The Full Version Of Their Desktop App Today
- Twitch Reveals More Details About TwitchCon 2017 Plans
- A Twitch Channel Takes Third Place In A 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Match
- At Long Last, Hello Neighbor Gets A Launch Trailer - December 10, 2017
- Forza Motorsport 7 To Add Halo-Themed Racing Suits - December 10, 2017
- Tracer From Overwatch Makes An Appearance In Ready Player One - December 10, 2017
- Blood & Truth Received A Live Game Session During PSX - December 10, 2017
- Guacamelee 2 Shows Off Their Demo At PSX - December 10, 2017