Marvel Comics is set to publish two in-continuity comics for the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the form of prequel comic books for Black Panther and Avengers: The Infinity War.
This will not be the first time Marvel has published such comics though, as with the current Thor: Ragnarok, they often just adapt previous movies that tie into an upcoming one, such as Captain America: Civil War ahead of Spider-Man Homecoming, and the current adaptation of The Incredible Hulk ahead of Thor: Ragnarok.
However, Ant-Man received original series that expanded the eighties adventures of the original Ant-Man and Wasp – and that’s the treatment Black Panther and Avengers: The Infinity War are getting. First, the Panther, ahead of the movie in February, giving us the movie universe origin of the character for the very first time:
Black Panther Prelude by Will Corona Pilgrim and Annapaiola Martello.
Wakanda. The most technologically advanced nation in the world is protected by the mighty BLACK PANTHER! Before the upcoming Black Panther film, learn how T’CHALLA became the legendary hero of Wakanda in this ALL-NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-TOLD tale set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! See how the mantle was passed to the future king, in a time when Super Heroes were just emerging in the larger world.
AUTHOR: WILL CORONA PILGRIM
ARTIST: ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO
And the Avengers: Infinity War Prelude:
Follow the Avengers of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in their adventures leading up to this summer’s blockbuster event, Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War!
- What The Fashionable Sheldon Cooper Will Be Wearing This Winter - October 18, 2017
- Frank Cho, Drawing Harley Quinn Covers Longer Than He Would Have Done On Wonder Woman - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Reprint Deathstroke Vol 3: Nuclear Winter TPB Over Missing Page - October 18, 2017
- IDW Issues A Recall Of Kid Lobotomy #1 Gold Foil Covers, Asks Retailers To Rip Them Off - October 18, 2017
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017