Just announced at the Marvel Retailers Lunch taking place at San Diego Comic-Con, a few Marvel Star Wars plans. Funko POP variants based on the upcoming Marvel comic book series, Journey To Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Marvel will also be publishing Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary hardcover with variant covers out in April.
They will have a Star Wars Reads Day in October, as well.
And will be adapting the Star Wars novel Thrawn by Timothy Zahn into a comic book limited series, out in March next year:
One of the most cunning and ruthless warriors in the history of the Galactic Empire, Grand Admiral Thrawn is also one of the most captivating characters in the Star Wars universe, from his introduction in bestselling author Timothy Zahn’s classic Heir to the Empire through his continuing adventures in Dark Force Rising, The Last Command, and beyond. But Thrawn’s origins and the story of his rise in the Imperial ranks have remained mysterious. Now, in Star Wars: Thrawn, Timothy Zahn chronicles the fateful events that launched the blue-skinned, red-eyed master of military strategy and lethal warfare into the highest realms of power—and infamy.
The comic will be adapted by Jody Houser, with no artist attached yet, as first reported by Bleeding Cool earlier today.
The force remains strong in this one.
UPDATE: The cover has been released, revealing artists Luke Ross and Nolan Woodard are on the creative team.
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018