Just announced at the Marvel Retailers Lunch taking place at San Diego Comic-Con, a few Marvel Star Wars plans. Funko POP variants based on the upcoming Marvel comic book series, Journey To Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Marvel will also be publishing Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary hardcover with variant covers out in April.
They will have a Star Wars Reads Day in October, as well.
And will be adapting the Star Wars novel Thrawn by Timothy Zahn into a comic book limited series, out in March next year:
One of the most cunning and ruthless warriors in the history of the Galactic Empire, Grand Admiral Thrawn is also one of the most captivating characters in the Star Wars universe, from his introduction in bestselling author Timothy Zahn’s classic Heir to the Empire through his continuing adventures in Dark Force Rising, The Last Command, and beyond. But Thrawn’s origins and the story of his rise in the Imperial ranks have remained mysterious. Now, in Star Wars: Thrawn, Timothy Zahn chronicles the fateful events that launched the blue-skinned, red-eyed master of military strategy and lethal warfare into the highest realms of power—and infamy.
The comic will be adapted by Jody Houser, with no artist attached yet, as first reported by Bleeding Cool earlier today.
The force remains strong in this one.
UPDATE: The cover has been released, revealing artists Luke Ross and Nolan Woodard are on the creative team.
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018