When it came out in 2004, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was one of the most visually stunning films every made. The dieselpunk film written and directed by Kerry Conran starred Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Angelina Jolie. The film completely embraced the look and feel of the old serials while pushing the boundaries of modern filmmaking technology. It inspired a whole new generation of filmmakers to adopt their innovative techniques that are now commonplace in every studio feature being made in Hollywood and around the world. Now Dynamite will be publishing an comprehensive art retrospective put together by Conran and edited by Shannon Eric Denton.
The collection will provide a comprehensive gallery of Kevin Conran’s illustrations and designs, including incomplete and unpublished work never before seen by the public. Kevin Conran’s Art of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is the first official collection of such artwork. Sourced from his private collection, this book spans over 20 years of the movie’s unique illustrations and includes behind-the-scenes details on how the movie was conceived of, illustrated, approved (or rejected), and brought to life.
Kevin Conran said of the project:
“After more than a decade of fan requests, I’m excited that Dynamite is helping Sky Captain take flight one more time.”
Dynamite’s Kevin Conran’s Art of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow will be available at major bookstore chains, online booksellers, and independent bookstores courtesy of Diamond Book Distributors, and to consumers through the comic book specialty market.
- Amanda Conner Bronze Red Sonja Statue Now Available - November 22, 2017
- Creator Commentary: Ibrahim Moustafa Talks James Bond: Solstice - November 22, 2017
- What Marvel’s The Defenders Ordered From The Royal Dragon - November 22, 2017
- Matt Hawkins Teases New Darkness Series And Asks For Artist Suggestions - November 22, 2017
- The Importance Of A Driving Mechanism In Television - November 22, 2017