Marvel has released a new episode of TL;DR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) that focuses on the origin of Wolverine or as he was known at the time, Weapon X. The 3 minute animated video from writer Noah Sterling and Max Dweck with art by Tom Rogers breakdown the original storyline that appeared in Marvel Comics Presents in 1991 starting with issue #72 through #84 written/drawn by Barry Windsor Smith. We’ve seen parts of this play out in the X-Men films and in other comic series, but the whole concept of the Weapon X program began here.
It all starts with Logan being captured and put through the adamantium bonding process. His mind is wiped by the Professor running the program along with a Dr. Cornelius and Miss Hines. The purpose of all this was to create a mindless, soulless killing machine. Logan is specifically treated like an animal or test subject but not a person. Everything was done to strip away his humanity, but they don’t take it away completely and this leads to Logan getting past his mental blocks and controls and breaking free.
The storyline came up again in the Wolverine series #48, referred to as a sequel to Weapon X and showing Wolverine investigating his past. Some of the scenes from the original run were remade by artist Marc Silvestri for the new story.
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Pathfinder: Runescars And Project Superpowers: Hero Killers - July 25, 2017
- Comic Book History Of DC Comics’ Morgan Edge - July 25, 2017
- Hot Toys ‘Roadworn Thor’ 1/6th Scale Figure Is A Bit Spoilery - July 25, 2017
- Matt Groening Brings ‘Disenchantment’ To Netflix - July 25, 2017
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Swinging Out To The AFC West - July 24, 2017