A pair of small but significant items both pertaining to Dragon Ball FighterZ, each with their own different repercussions on the game. First, cross-play has been bantered about a lot lately and is pretty much going to be the next big hurdle in innovation between consoles and PC. So every time a new game comes out with online and/or multiplayer capabilities, those two words come out.
But according to an interview with Shonen Games, Dragon Ball FighterZ producer Tomoko Hiroki confirmed that it will not be doing this, stating that ““We do plan to bring the game to [PC/PS4] and Xbox One, but we aren’t planning on any cross play.”
Meanwhile, in that same interview, Hiroki gave hope to fans of the Nintendo Switch that the game may be finding its way to the console down the road. Hiroki stated that “In terms of the Switch version, we’re currently working on Xenoverse 2 for the Switch, so we want players to first go there, and then we can talk about FighterZ.” So essentially, the company wants to see if the actual owners (not necessarily the fanbase) are into the Dragon Ball franchise on that console before attempting to bring their next game there. So if you have a Switch and you want to see Dragon Ball FighterZ on the system, now you know what you must do.
- Krillin And Piccolo Confirmed For 'Dragon Ball FighterZ'
- Closed Beta Coming Soon For 'Dragon Ball FighterZ'
- Dragon Ball FighterZ, Arika's Mystery Fighter Game, And Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Will Be Playable At EVO
- Trunks Added To The Roster Of 'Dragon Ball FighterZ'
- 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Was The Most Watched E3 Trailer On YouTube
- Browsing Bandai Namco's 'Ace Combat 7' & 'Dragon Ball FighterZ' At E3
- Bandai Namco Releases Full Details For E3 Presentation
- Bandai Namco To Give ‘.hack//G.U. Last Recode’ A Physical Edition - July 22, 2017
- Kotobukiya Shows Off A Ton Of New Models Ahead Of SDCC Panel - July 21, 2017
- Star Wars Black Series, Forces Of Destiny, Monopoly & More From Hasbro - July 21, 2017
- ‘Injustice 2’ Finally Reveals Starfire Footage For DLC - July 21, 2017
- The Inkling War Is On! We Review ‘Splatoon 2’ - July 21, 2017