Marvel Comics has revealed the creative team for the new Falcon book spinning out of Marvel Legacy, and also confirmed that Sam Wilson will be returning to his former superhero identity in the book. Via a report on ComicBook.com, Marvel has scored a pretty big coup by landing writer and producer Rodney Barnes (The Boondocks, Everybody Hates Chris) to write the series, with art by Joshua Cassara. As teased by one of Marvel’s Legacy homage covers, Sam Wilson will be The Falcon again for the new series, which will also star Marvel’s new Patriot as Falcon’s sidekick.
On the new relationship, Barnes said:
The Patriot helps Falcon connect with the Millennial mindset of today’s world. Sam typically deals with his own peer group who sees the world much like he does. Shaun is an optimist and this helps to balance the sense of self-doubt Sam’s going through.
And on the tone of the series, Barnes describes it as “a blending of urban street sensibilities with dark magic,” in which The Falcon will find himself dealing with the magical corner of the Marvel Universe.
Marvel probably should have led with stuff like this.
Check out the solicit and the cover by Jesus Saiz below:
Written by RODNEY BARNES
Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
Cover by JESUS SAIZ
Continuing directly out of the pages of MARVEL LEGACY #1!
Sam Wilson – winged warrior, avian Avenger and one-time sentinel of liberty – takes to the skies again, reborn and recommitted as the fighter for freedom, THE FALCON!
Engaged in an all-new assignment while training his new partner THE PATRIOT, Sam Wilson soars high and sees all. But Sam’s new mission finds him on a collision course with an enemy way out of his weight class—the demonic BLACKHEART! From the stratosphere to the streets, the Marvel Universe now has a high-flying hero circling above them ready to strike!
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018