Recently, we heard from a pretty good source that Nick Spencer was going to be writing a Spider-Man ongoing series to follow the conclusion of Secret Empire. I speculated that Spencer may take over Spectacular Spider-Man. Or start a new title, with the recently trademarked Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man. But said source who has proved pretty reliable over the years insisted that, no, Spencer is on Amazing Spider-Man.
I initially dismissed the possibility of it being Amazing Spider-Man. Dan Slott is ensconced on that title and has said given his way, he would write the comic for life, and have to be fired off it. Well, sales have been strong, especially compared to other Marvel monthly series and reviews — especially of recent issues — have been positive. There has been speculation that he would be writing the Marvel Legacy launching Marvel Two-In-One, a title he has expressed much fondness for as a child and he wrote the Thing solo series to acclaim earlier in his career. But he’s written Amazing Spider-Man alongside the concluding Silver Surfer. Losing Slott from Spider-Man didn’t make sense. And anyway…
Maybe Spencer will be coming on later? Maybe like Christos Gage, it’s a co-write? Or a split-write for the multiple-shipping comics? Or, as is ever a possibility, it’s completely and utterly wrong?
Maybe we’ll learn more at San Diego Comic-Con. Or learn less.
- Marvel Promises Secret Of HydraCap Revealed In Secret Empire #9
- Champions Stumbles With Internment Camp Parable
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018