It’s a weird way to confirm a price, but it’s a comfort to know that Rocket League is staying cheap across the board. Deep within the reaches of Reddit, a developer from Psyonix confirmed in a thread that Rocket League will remain the same price on the Nintendo Switch at $20.
That’s actually some really awesome news as there’s always an issue when a game is ported to a new system as to whether or not it will cost more or less. Considering all the issues people are going to have to play online to begin with on a wifi system, married to the idea that they have to communicate through a phone app on the Switch, having the price stay cheap for a multiplayer sports game is a cool deal.
Rocket League is set to come out sometime during the holiday season, but if you follow forums online, there’s already plans in the works for mini tournaments across the country based on the Switch version. I’d be surprised if Psyonix didn’t take full advantage of this and started their own tournaments focused squarely on the Nintendo system alone, but that’s an entirely different discussion we’ll have to wait until at least October to have.
- Rocket League Will Be Adding Nintendo Themed Cars
- 'Rocket League' To Introduce Transparent Goalposts In The Fall
- Psyonix & Tespa Announce Collegiate Competitive 'Rocket League'
- Nintendo To Release Their Switch Online App On July 21
- New Nintendo Switch Info Leaked About Save Transfers & Guest Profiles
- Sony Still Not On Board With Cross-Play On 'Rocket League'
- Surprised To See 'Star Fox 2' On The Super NES Classic Edition? So Was The Programmer
- Nintendo Confirms Rocket League For The Switch At E3
- Rocket League's Two-Year Anniversary Will Have Some Cool Updates
- Playstation Plus Multiplayer Event Opens Next Week
- Rocket League's Third Season Announced For Twitch
- You've Never Heard Of... Route 3 And Robert Jeffrey
- Blizzard’s Schedule for Gamescom 2018 Has Been Revealed - August 19, 2018
- Music Engine is Returning With Another Suikoden II Concert Series - August 19, 2018
- Anna Williams and Lei Wulong Receive Release Dates for Tekken 7 - August 19, 2018
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Revolve Around Utensils - August 19, 2018
- Supermassive Games Trademarks Shattered State Without Exclusivity - August 18, 2018