We already know that Venom went from #6 to #150, as part of Marvel Legacy renumbering, taking the issue number of comic book series to where it would have been if it hadn’t been multiple volumes, with relaunches and restarts. While Ultimates2, similarly, is going to Ultimates2 #100. But a lot of the other Marvel Comics titles aren’t going to be quite so neat and tidy or anniversary-ey. Here is a list of a few we have heard coming out of Heroescon this weekend.
Amazing Spider-Man #788.
Spider-Man Deadpool #1770.
Captain America #694.
Iron Man #593.
Guardians Of The Galaxy #146.
Black Panther #165.
Iron Fist #72.
It does mean that we have an Iron Man #600, Captain America #700, Guardians Of The Galaxy #150, Amazing Spider-Man #800 and Daredevil #600 imminently though. Shame we missed out on Hulk #700 though…
And no idea about Deadpool/Spider-Man #1700… could there be something related to the American Revolution coming?
No X-Men titles named yet but I am told that all the old-school legacy characters will return with issue numbers that will add up all the issues published of that character’s central series so far, including all the relaunches.
Previous to Venom #150, Marvel has normally done this just for promotional effect. They like to relaunch titles with a #1 fairly regularly to benefit from #1 sales bumps. This move indicates a change in direction for the way forward – and I am being told other things to. You know what that means? More articles…If anyone wants to work out what issue number all of these books should be…. well, you’ll do a better job than Marvel usually do when they try.
If anyone wants to work out what issues will make up all these Marvel Legacy numbers, then please, be my guest. You may well do a better job than Marvel usually does when they try to show their working out. I’m still not sure about the Ultimates…
- Marvel Comics Brings Origin Pages To Marvel Legacy Titles
- Marvel Comics To Cut Titles Back As Part Of Marvel Legacy
- Marvel Comics Teases The Fantastic Three
- Baby Steps For The Return Of The Fantastic Four Comic Book?
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Is Closing For Good on March 30th (UPDATE) - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018