In an appearance on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, Black Widow star Scarlett Johansson revealed the total number of characters appearing in the upcoming film Avengers: Infinity War. Of course, the number of characters in the film is extraordinarily high, so Johansson had to provide a margin of error along with the figure.
The topic came up during a discussion of chicken wings. Trying to steal some of Lorde’s onion ring Thunder, Johansson said that she likes to try the chicken wings wherever she travels while promoting movies like Avengers. She and host Stephen Colbert talked shop on wings for a good portion of the interview, including a dire public service warning for viewers not to masturbate after touching hot sauce.
“You want to be careful what you touch after you do eat those hot wings. I’m just saying,” Johansson advised with a knowing glance at the audience. “You don’t want to get that sauce in your eye.”
Eventually, talk turned to Avengers: Infinity War.
“We are in the process of shooting Infinity War,” Johansson, managing to stay on topic for two complete sentences before returning to wing talk. “We’re down in Atlanta. They have really good wings down in Atlanta. I had this lemon pepper wing. Have you had a lemon pepper wing? They’re everything.”
When Colbert pressed for info on the film, Johansson had trouble getting her mind off the delectable snack. “I really can’t. I can’t think of anything I can possibly say,” she said. “Alright. I am in it. There are, I think, 61 or 62 Marvel characters in it. Yeah, there’s a lot.”
“I think one particular scene, there’s like 32 of us,” Johansson explained, revealing borderline chaos on the set. “There’s a lot. There’s so many of us, I don’t even know who’s a Marvel character and who’s a crew member.”
Seizing the opportunity, Colbert asked to join the production, and Johansson ceded that it wasn’t outside the realm of possibility.
“You know what, there’s probably room for you,” she offered, though it was clear she had an ulterior motive of meeting up at a restaurant Colbert had recommended earlier. “Then we can have wings at The Varsity.”
Check out the full interview below. Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters on May 4, 2018, by which point thousands of chickens will have likely died to appease Scarlett Johansson’s wing obsession.
- Danai Gurira Of 'Black Panther' Confirmed For 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Russo Brothers Post A Set Photo From 'Avengers: Infinity War' That Looks Like Wakanda
- Chris Evans Reveals Why He Extended His Marvel Contract
- Chris Hemsworth Doesn't Like Being Left Out Of 'Avengers: Infinity War' Fights
- Could A Major Attitude Era Star Be Returning To WWE RAW Tonight? - June 26, 2017
- Drake Bell Continues Teasing DC Role On Twitter; Could It Be Nightwing On ‘Titans’? - June 26, 2017
- Uh Oh: Ron Howard Once Defended Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Calling It “Truly Amazing” - June 26, 2017
- See A (Sort-Of) EXCLUSIVE Preview Of IDW’s “New” Star Wars: The Force Awakens Young Reader Graphic Novel - June 26, 2017
- Could Peter Capaldi Regenerate Into Olivia Colman On Doctor Who? David Tennant Doesn’t Think So - June 26, 2017