Something I had never expected appeared at Sony’s PlayStation E3 conference this year, and that thing had to do with Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite. MVC has always been a fighting game franchise with nothing to it but epic beatdowns. That’s what we want in a game that is basically the best way to settle bar room bets about who would win in a fight, Thor or Ryu?
But this time around, Capcom and Marvel Games have decided to give us something different. This time, we have a single-player story campaign. And not just any single-player campaign, it is one where the Avengers, assorted Capcom heroes, and Thanos join up to take out Ultron. Who has a cape now.
And in case the trailer I’m about to post for you doesn’t seem like it’s real, you can download the story demo now and see for yourself.
Until that download clears though, here is the trailer:
Updated: Capcom sent out these new details about MVCI after the show ended. Here they are directly from Capcom straight to you:
Announced today, more Marvel and Capcom characters have joined forces against the supervillain Ultron Sigma in MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE:
Marvel Capcom Thanos Dante Gamora Zero Nova Spencer Doctor Strange Arthur
Each newly added character, including franchise newcomer Gamora, will feature unique abilities and iconic special moves as they join 14 other previously announced characters and battle together in an attempt to overthrow the devastating new threat. All of the action in MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE takes place in new but familiar settings, as famous locations from the Marvel and Capcom universes merge together as part of Ultron Sigma’s nefarious plot. These include areas such as “Knowmoon,” a combination of the celestial outpost Knowhere from the Marvel Universe and Third Moon from the Strider® series, “Xgard,” a mixture of Thor’s homeland Asgard and Abel City from the Mega Man® X series, and many more.
Imagined and created through a shared vision between the two companies, MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE will feature free-form 2v2 team battles integrated into a wide variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multiplayer content for new players and longtime fans alike. In addition to the compelling cinematic story experience, single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes plus vast multiplayer offerings will provide memorable experiences and infinite gameplay possibilities for players of all skill levels. The use of powerful, game-changing Infinity Stones further deepens the customized gameplay and allows players to equip and unleash elemental in-game powers, such as Reality, Time, Power and Space.
- Capcom Releases A New Story Trailer For 'Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite'
- 'Darkstalkers' Jedah Confirmed For 'Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite'
- YouTube Reloads 'Dai Gyakuten Saiban' Dubs After Citing Fair Use
- Fan Made 'Mega Man' Project 'Mega Maker' Might Come Out?
- Capcom & Bandai Namco Tag Team To Improve Matchmaking
- Sensory Bombardment: What It Was Like At The PlayStation E3 Media Showcase
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018