Mairghread Scott has announced that her series for IDW, Transformers: Till All Are One, will end with issue 2. He writes,
Our attrition rate was fairly normal and Issue 12 would be our profitability breaking point. We were asked if we wanted to do something to shake things up (shift focus, shift cast, shift story) after the First Strike event, which is also normal, but I didn’t. I love Transformers, but I’ve been writing it for literally years and I wanted to tell this story. So rather than think of a new story I didn’t love as much, I just chose to end us here.
Till All Are One will go to Issue 12 and then an annual will be put out late 2017/early 2018 to wrap up any loose threads. A thousand thanks to our editor, Carlos, for giving us that much-needed space. A thousand thanks to Sara and Joana and Priscilla and Tom and John and Meg and Jason and all the people I know I’m forgetting and shouldn’t.
Issue 11 and 12 are going to be awesome by the way. I think we crafted a really satisfying, positive ending emotionally and the annual puts that needed cherry on top. We did something I never thought I’d be able to pull off that I’ll talk about more when it’s released.
She also takes the opportunity to talk about her favourite moments – and the paths not taken…
- Transformers: The Last Knight Made $60 Million More In China Than It Did In The U.S.
- Ticket Booth: Transformers, And Unfortunately Nothing Else
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Review: An Incoherent Mess Of A Movie
- Mark Wahlberg Doesn't Think Michael Bay Is Done With 'Transformers'
- Transformers: The Last Knight Final Trailer (Maybe)
- Sadly Thor #4 is Not an Infinity Wars Crossover… - August 14, 2018
- Tim Pilcher Becomes Co-Owner Of Comics Publisher Soaring Penguin - August 14, 2018
- Former IDW Executive Hires Attorney Lisa Bloom - August 13, 2018
- Mark Waid Gets a New Rap Song About Him, Courtesy of Nocando - August 13, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish the Art of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - August 13, 2018