At the DC Metal panel at Megacon this weekend, hosts Dan Didio, Greg Capullo, and Scott Snyder were greeted by a special guest during the Q&A session: Image Co-Founder and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane! McFarlane stepped up to ask a question, and the moment was captured on video by the Drunken Odyssey podcast.
“Could you tell everybody here in articulate detail, excruciating depth and length, why Spawn is stronger than Batman?” McFarlane asked as the crowd laughed and cheered.
“Right now, I’m going, this guy [McFarlane] used to pay me, this guy pays me,” replied Capullo, gesturing at Didio. “I think it’s one of those matches that you can’t really put in the same arena. Spawn is supernatural, so to me, that gives him the upper hand. But on the other hand, the guy who pays me… I love both of those characters so much, and I’m just glad to have had an opportunity. and I hope they’d get along because I love them both. How’s that for a political answer?”
The crowd roared in approval.
You can see the moment at the 50:19 mark in the video below:
- A Surprising Encounter With Source Point Press At MegaCon Orlando 2017
- Archie, Social Media And Creator-Owned Digital Comics - Elliot Fernandez At MegaCon Orlando 2017
- Sanford Greene And Chuck Brown At MegaCon Orlando 2017
- The Unstoppable Positively Infectious Aura Of Tana Ford At MegaCon Orlando 2017
- Scott Snyder Explains "Dark Nights: Metal," DC's Dark Multiverse, Life, The Universe, And Everything
- Joe Quesada Tells Todd McFarlane - You Swiped The Wrong Person!
- The New Age Of DC Heroes To Follow DC Rebirth With Dark Matter And New Superheroes Created By Jim Lee, Andy Kubert, JR Jr And Greg Capullo (UPDATE)
- Isaac Larian Seeks $800 Million in Crowdfunding to Save Toys R Us - March 22, 2018
- Fanboy Wrampage: Podcast One Drops Vince Russo Amidst Feud with Wrestling Journalists - March 22, 2018
- Sex, Violence, and X-Force in the New Deadpool 2 Trailer - March 22, 2018
- Bruce Lee Returns to Darby Pop for All-Ages ‘Walk of the Dragon’ - March 21, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Jennie Wood and Jeff McComsey’s Flutter in 1 Volume This October - March 21, 2018