The order of the day are team-ups in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. At the moment we have the continuing adventures of the Avengers, the Defenders are getting for their Netflix series, and movies like Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok look like the Mighty Marvel Team-Up of the good old days. Now that audiences have wrapped their heads around a shared universe they glow the team-ups as much as continuity obsessed comic book fans.
One of the bigger teams that we haven’t seen are the Thunderbolts. The Thunderbolts are the Marvel equivalent of the Suicide Squad where a bunch of villains and anti-heroes that end up working together. We have three different parts of the Thunderbolts already in the Marvel universe; the Punisher, Elektra, and Ghost Rider. The idea of a Thunderbolts series has been talked about in Marvel fandom but hasn’t really been brought up by the public yet. At Phoenix Comic Con this weekend, according to Omega Underground (via Screen Rant), Ghost Rider start Gabriel Luna and Punisher star Jon Bernthal were both asked if they would be interested in doing a team up.
Luna was asked about a possible series first at an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel and replied that he would “love to do a Thunderbolts series with The Punisher and Elektra on Netflix.” Bernthal was asked about it next at his panel and he replied that he would be “interested in more Frank Castle stories if the script is right.”
This doesn’t mean that a Thunderbolts series is absolutely along the way but it would be a decent way of integrating the various television shows together. Luna and Bernthal have both received high praise for their guest spots on someone one elses show already. A solo Punisher series is due later this year and there isn’t any word as to what is going to happen to Luna’s Robbie Reyes in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. side of the Marvel universe. As previously mentioned the public is very much on board with the idea of a team-up and being able to do the villain/anti-hero route would be different from the Marvel Universe we’ve seen thus far.
- Ghost Rider Confirmed For 'Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite'
- RUMOR: 'The Punisher' To Stream In November?
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018