Bleeding Cool understands from multiple sources that long-standing X-Men editor Daniel Ketchum was let go by Marvel Comics on Tuesday.
Popular with fans, no reason has been officially given. Marvel are making no comment and Daniel has not returned inquiries.
But Ketchum did change his Twitter account description to remove the mention that he is a Marvel editor. He has, however, kept the “Editor” description which may point towards his current plans.
Working principally on editing the X-Men titles, Ketchum was one of the people behind the recent ResurrXion relaunch of mutant titles, including the upcoming Iceman comic, and was a regular voice on CBR’s X-Position columns.
- Could Andre Mexer Actually Be X-Men Blue's New Blackbird?
- An Upcoming Issue Of X-Men Gold Will Focus On Kitty Pryde And Colossus
- For The X-Men And Inhumans, Today Sees The Beginning Of ResurrXion - Immigration, Time Travel, Terrigen And Pickles SPOILERS)
- Generation X Reunions In ResurrXion
- Will Spider-Punk Die When He is 27? (Edge of Spider-Geddon and Extermination Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- Oh and It’s Marvel’s 80th Anniversary in 2019 as Well – the Decades Collections - August 15, 2018
- DC Comics to Celebrate Batman’s 80th Birthday With Detective Comics #1000 – But it All Begins in September - August 15, 2018
- Is Iron Man Appropriating Robo-Culture? Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 Spoilers - August 15, 2018
- A Further Tribute to Steve Ditko in Today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 - August 15, 2018