First announced at last year’s San Diego Comic Con, Marvel’s Avengers animated series will be retitled Avengers: Secret Wars for its fourth season, and that new season kicks off next month, according to a press release. Constant relaunching of series under different titles and a never-ending cycle of blockbuster events has worked so well for comic book sales, Marvel is hoping to apply the same concept to its animated universe. Additionally, the Wars can hardly be considered Secret when they’re being promoted heavily in Disney XD media releases.
In any case, to build hype for the premiere, Disney will debut six daily animated shorts on its on demand platforms beginning June 2, which will familiarize viewers with new characters Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Vision with a flashback story explaining their powers. Here’s the series description:
Picking up right after the events of season three “Ultron Revolution,” the fourth season finds Tony Stark trapped in another dimension. While the Avengers muster all of their knowledge and strength to try and find a way to bring him back, they are attacked by a new Cabal of villains who scatter the mighty heroes across space and time. With the help of the Black Panther’s new team, including Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp and Vision, the Avengers must reunite in time to save the universe.
And the summaries for the first two episodes, which will air together on June 17:
- One-hour premiere of “Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars” season four featuring back-to-back episodes on Disney XD (11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. EDT). The first two episodes will also be available on the Disney XD App and Disney XD VOD.
- “Avengers No More – Part 1” (11:30 a.m. EDT) – While trying to rescue Tony Stark from another dimension, the Avengers battle the Leader and his newly formed Cabal.
- “Avengers No More – Part 2” (12:00 p.m. EDT) – Black Panther assembles a new team of Avengers to stop the Leader and free the original Avengers.
The show stars all but one of the following voice actors: Mick Wingert (“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy“) as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore (“Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness“) as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (“Wreck-It Ralph“) as Captain America, Travis Willingham (“Regular Show“) as Thor, Troy Baker (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man“) as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey (“The Super Hero Squad Show“) as Black Widow, Ted McGinley (“Batman: The Brave And The Bold“) as D-Man, Bumper Robinson (“The Game“) as Falcon, David Kaye (“Ben 10“) as Vision, James Matthis III (“Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H“) as Black Panther, Kathreen Khavari (“Big Little Lies“) as Ms. Marvel, Josh Keaton (“Ben 10“) as Ant-Man, Kari Wahlgren (“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy“) as Wasp, and Grey Griffin (“The Tom and Jerry Show“) as Captain Marvel.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Spidey Suit Drone Is Coming To Skies Near You
- Disney Releases Teaser For Animated Ant-Man Short On Disney XD
- Marvel's Avengers To Do 4-Part Animated Civil War This Weekend
- Marvel's Spider-Man, Funko Pop, Ant-Man, Wasp And Agent Carter In Marvel Animation News
- No R-Rated Cartoons For Marvel, But They Do Have A Snapchat ID - The House Of Ideas Panel At C2E2
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Peak Liefeld Era in Cable #158 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Ol’ Switcheroo in X-Men Gold #30 - June 23, 2018
- Since When Do Psycho Chicks Read Comics? A Pre-Order Preview of Betty & Veronica: Vixens #8 - June 23, 2018