Oh snap! Twitch just got it’s next big fighting tournament that a lot of people are going to be interested in seeing. The social video platform site has teamed with Bandai Namco in an exclusive partnership to broadcast the Tekken World Tour. In other words, all Tekken 7 eSports events happening under this banner across the globe will be shown live on Twitch, with the goal of building a bigger community and infrastructure to help the long-running series grow in the sport.
The tour will start with the CEO Fighting Game Championships, taking place June 16-18. The tour will make the rounds in the United States with Orlando, Dallas, Orange (CA) and more to be announced. The tour will run from June to November 2017, with a $200k prize pool at the end, all being broadcast exclusively on Twitch.tv/Tekken. Here’s a couple quick quotes from the PR sheet sent out this morning on the tournament.
“The Fighting Game Community on Twitch features some of our platform’s most vibrant players and fans, with the Tekken World Tour created to celebrate their enthusiasm,” said Richard Thiher, Program Manager, Twitch. “We’ve also witnessed how the Fighting Game genre has grown from local tournaments in arcades and living rooms to global attractions filling convention centers and stadiums. Tekken has been a major franchise and influence during this evolution. Our partnership with Bandai Namco Entertainment America for this new tournament series will help keep Fighting Games at the forefront of esports, while building toward a sustainable ecosystem for all of the players, fans, and organizers involved.”
“Tekken 7 is the latest chapter from one of Bandai Namco’s marquee fighting game franchises and Twitch is home to the fighting game community; it made perfect sense for us to join forces and produce Tekken World Tour, a hard-hitting tournament series for our fans to enjoy,” said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. “Our collective goal with the Tekken World Tour is to create an unparalleled competitive tournament experience and share the bone-crushing excitement of Tekken 7 through Twitch’s social video platform so that Tekken fans around the world can enjoy and participate in the action.”
- Geese Howard Will Be In The Next 'Tekken 7' DLC This Winter
- CEO’s Royal Rumble Features Xavier Woods & Kenny Omega Return For 'Tekken 7'
- Streamers Can Now Earn Money Off Sold Games In Twitch's Affiliate Program
- OpTic Gaming & Twitch Sign Up For Exclusive Broadcasting Partnership
- Finding Closure In The Middle Of A Fighting Tournament With 'Tekken 7'
- Twitchcon Tickets Officially Went On Sale Today
- Victor “Punk” Woodley Wins ELeague Street Fighter V Invitational
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles - October 21, 2018
- Horses Will Permanently Die in Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 21, 2018
- Agony Unrated is Back On and Coming This Halloween - October 21, 2018