Earlier today, the official Facebook page for Berkeley Breathed’s Bloom County comic strip posted a letter purportedly from the legal team of President Donald Trump:
The comment posted along with the photo read, “Arrived this morning. Full disclosure around here. –Mgmt.” The photos of Trump that the letter refers to are of this sort:
The story has been reported on Uproxx with no hint of irony, but a brief glance at the letter shows that Donald Trump’s supposed lawyers used the phrase “we will have your **** in a sling by lunch,” which, even for Donald Trump — yes, we know — but even for Donald Trump, is unlikely to be something put into a real cease and desist letter. In a tweet, sure. In a speech at the Holocaust Museum? Absolutely. But not in a legal letter. That’s almost certainly the one thing he’s good at!
In case anyone had their doubts that the letter is a hoax, comics journalism zine kingpin Christian Hoffer contacted the legal firm to check:
I reached out to the law firm that allegedly sent the letter and they confirmed it was false. Sorry, guys.
— Christian Hoffer (@CHofferCBus) May 25, 2017
So it looks likely Donald Trump did not, in fact, threaten the creator of Bloom County over a Facebook meme. But the point is, it was 100% plausible that he could have.
- The X-Men Learn There’s Just One More Day Before #MarvelDeclassified Shakes Comic Book History to Its Core - July 22, 2018
- Watch the Black Lightning SDCC 2018 Trailer - July 22, 2018
- First Look at Arrow Season 7 in Trailer from San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- First Look at Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 in Comic-Con Trailer - July 22, 2018
- Get a Sneak Peek at Supergirl Season 4 in San Diego Comic-Con Trailer - July 21, 2018