But there’s nothing funnier than watching an American try to swear in British. Such as in today’s Invincible Iron Man #7.
“Got your bollocks kicked in”? Look, you can get your head kicked in. You can get kicked in the bollocks – though a little harder if you are a cis woman. It can be used in a self-aware gender-deprecating fashion and that’s fine. But “got your bollocks kicked in”?
I did a Google and there is only one result for this phrase, someone from Ohio also failing to use British swearing.
Okay, now that I’ve posted this article, there will suddenly be two results. Just like the number of bollocks in most cis men.
You know, he’s only got one eye. What else does he only have one of? Come on Wally, that should have been your snappy comeback…
Invincible Iron Man #7 by Brian Bendis, Stefano Caselli and Marte Gracia is published today, as is Titans #11 by Ben Percy, Dan Abnett, Christopher Priest, Khoi Pham, Wade Von Grawbadger and Charlalampidis.
- Defenders #1 Review - Hopefully The Show Will Be This Good
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017