But there’s nothing funnier than watching an American try to swear in British. Such as in today’s Invincible Iron Man #7.
“Got your bollocks kicked in”? Look, you can get your head kicked in. You can get kicked in the bollocks – though a little harder if you are a cis woman. It can be used in a self-aware gender-deprecating fashion and that’s fine. But “got your bollocks kicked in”?
I did a Google and there is only one result for this phrase, someone from Ohio also failing to use British swearing.
Okay, now that I’ve posted this article, there will suddenly be two results. Just like the number of bollocks in most cis men.
You know, he’s only got one eye. What else does he only have one of? Come on Wally, that should have been your snappy comeback…
Invincible Iron Man #7 by Brian Bendis, Stefano Caselli and Marte Gracia is published today, as is Titans #11 by Ben Percy, Dan Abnett, Christopher Priest, Khoi Pham, Wade Von Grawbadger and Charlalampidis.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018