But there’s nothing funnier than watching an American try to swear in British. Such as in today’s Invincible Iron Man #7.
“Got your bollocks kicked in”? Look, you can get your head kicked in. You can get kicked in the bollocks – though a little harder if you are a cis woman. It can be used in a self-aware gender-deprecating fashion and that’s fine. But “got your bollocks kicked in”?
I did a Google and there is only one result for this phrase, someone from Ohio also failing to use British swearing.
Okay, now that I’ve posted this article, there will suddenly be two results. Just like the number of bollocks in most cis men.
You know, he’s only got one eye. What else does he only have one of? Come on Wally, that should have been your snappy comeback…
Invincible Iron Man #7 by Brian Bendis, Stefano Caselli and Marte Gracia is published today, as is Titans #11 by Ben Percy, Dan Abnett, Christopher Priest, Khoi Pham, Wade Von Grawbadger and Charlalampidis.
- Defenders #1 Review - Hopefully The Show Will Be This Good
- Avengers #675 Begins Weekly Avengers Story For 2018, No Surrender, With Mark Waid, Al Ewing, Jim Zub, Pepe Larraz, Kim Jacinto And Paco Medina - September 25, 2017
- Mindless Speculation About Where Marvel Legacy Revelations May Lead - September 25, 2017
- Artist David Marquez Spotlighted At Rose City Comic Con - September 25, 2017
- Is Mark Millar Putting Flash Gordon Back Into Starlight? - September 25, 2017
- Talking With Skottie Young: “I Think It’s Amazing I’m Known At All” - September 25, 2017