But there’s nothing funnier than watching an American try to swear in British. Such as in today’s Invincible Iron Man #7.
“Got your bollocks kicked in”? Look, you can get your head kicked in. You can get kicked in the bollocks – though a little harder if you are a cis woman. It can be used in a self-aware gender-deprecating fashion and that’s fine. But “got your bollocks kicked in”?
I did a Google and there is only one result for this phrase, someone from Ohio also failing to use British swearing.
Okay, now that I’ve posted this article, there will suddenly be two results. Just like the number of bollocks in most cis men.
You know, he’s only got one eye. What else does he only have one of? Come on Wally, that should have been your snappy comeback…
Invincible Iron Man #7 by Brian Bendis, Stefano Caselli and Marte Gracia is published today, as is Titans #11 by Ben Percy, Dan Abnett, Christopher Priest, Khoi Pham, Wade Von Grawbadger and Charlalampidis.
- Defenders #1 Review - Hopefully The Show Will Be This Good
- DC Launches Justice League Of China Comic Book In 2018 - November 20, 2017
- DC Comics Previews Catalogue For February 2018 Solicits - November 20, 2017
- Vikings Vs Aliens In Josh Vann And Simone D’Armini’s The Spider King From IDW In February 2018 - November 20, 2017
- Before The Curtain Rises On Dean Haspiel’s Harakiri Kane For The Last Time… - November 20, 2017
- Arizonan Retailer Exclusives And A Trailer For The Release Of Paradiso #1 - November 20, 2017