IDW will be gunning for some of that super-mega-crossover event market share this year with their next big Hasbro crossover, First Strike, announced at the Diamond Retailer Summit today, but shockingly reported as being announced at the Retailer Summit before it actually happened by CBR, who we have to assume have gained access to time travel technology which they have installed on their comic con yacht. In any case, the super-mega-crossover event will run for six issues, published twice a month, with extraneous tie-ins to be announced later.
“In ‘Revolution,’ we united our Hasbro comic book titles into one shared universe,” said IDW Editor-in-Chief and lesser known brother of Sonic, David Hedgehog. “In ‘First Strike,’ we see what it’s like to live in the shadows of a massively powerful, ancient, alien race that has been warring with itself for millions of years and, in doing so, has brought death and destruction to every planet it has touched.”
Clearly, the IDW exec is a globalist conspirator who is trying to pretend like that is a fictional scenario, and that the real world isn’t secretly controlled by an ancient species of humanoid lizards who live under the planet’s surface.
“What, if anything, can one man do to save his planet?” he asked before snatching a fly out of the air with his tongue. “What depths will he go to in order to save mankind? How do you destroy all the Transformers?”
Transformers, GI Joe, and Mask will all take part in the event, which sees Baron Ironblood, apparently the British knockoff of Cobra Commander, attempt to kill all Cybertronians, pitting the various good guys and bad guys from the various toy properties against each other in a blockbuster event so excessive it could destroy even Michael Bay’s childhood.
Check out the solicits and covers, which we obtained using advanced copy and paste technology (take that, CBR!), below:
First Strike #1
- Mairghread Scott & David Rodriguez (w) • Max Dunbar (a) • Freddie E. Williams II (c)
- The crossover of the year is here! Earth is finally ready to officially join the Cybertronian Council of Worlds and appoint their first representative to the Council. Too bad the ceremony is interrupted by a massive explosion and the forces of COBRA! Now it’s up to Scarlett, Optimus Prime, G.I. Joe and the Autobots to save two worlds!
- FC • 32 pages • $3.99
- Expected in-store date: 8/9/17
- · The Hasbro crossover event of 2017 is here!
- · Spiraling out of the events of Revolution, Revolutionaries, G.I. Joe, Optimus Prime and Transformers: Till All Are One!
- · The explosive next chapter of the Hasbro line! Literally! There are explosions!
First Strike #2
- Mairghread Scott & David Rodriguez (w) • Max Dunbar (a) • Freddie E. Williams II
- The crossover of the year continues! Scarlett learns the truth behind Baron Ironblood’s plan to destroy all life on Cybertron, but with her team stranded on Earth, she must turn to an unlikely ally to help her reach the besieged planet. Enter: Soundwave!
- FC • 32 pages • $3.99
- Expected in-store date: 8/23/17
· The Hasbro crossover event of 2017 is here!
· As Cybertron is attacked, G.I. Joe looks to answer one of the biggest questions: Why?
- Roman Reigns, Batman, And The Undertaker Unbox April’s Revenge-Themed Comic Bento Subscription Box - April 30, 2017
- Report: Debut Of Total Divas Stars Brie Bella And Daniel Bryan’s Baby Pushed Back One Week - April 30, 2017
- Report: Eccentric Former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan Maintains Gigantic Collection Of Used Bandannas - April 29, 2017
- Kieron Gillen Works To Raise Voter Turnout… For Star Wars Action Figure Fan Poll Featuring Doctor Aphra - April 29, 2017
- Kate McKinnon/Mila Kunis Comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me To Take On Ant-Man And The Wasp In July 2018 - April 29, 2017