Famous Twitter personality Nick Spencer will be on hand at C2E2 this weekend for a Secret Empire panel and some quick signings at the Marvel booth, the social media star revealed this morning. The former Cincinnati politician is famous for epic late night Twitter arguments, as well as being an unofficial surrogate for the Hillary Clinton campaign, but it looks like he’ll be appearing live and in person at the Chicago event, if only briefly:
Adoring fans will likely swarm the booth hoping to catch a glimpse of Spencer and the tool of his trade, his trusty smartphone with Twitter app. It’s unknown whether Spencer will put on a live tweet show, sitting quietly on the panel and staring at his phone, replying to anyone who mentions his name or alludes to his work, but we hope that’s what he does. It will be a rare opportunity to see a true Twitter master in person, and it would frankly be disappointing if he did anything other than ignore everyone in the room in order to concentrate on winning a never-ending argument on the internet.
Additionally, fans may choose to have Spencer sign comics if they wish, as it’s a little known fact that in the rare moments when Spencer is not tweeting, he actually writes comic books. Personally, if we were there, we’d prefer an @mention to a signature, but we guess you’ll have to settle for what you can get. Like when you can’t get a comic about Captain America, so you read one about a fascist instead (damn you, Avengers vs. X-Men).
C2E2 takes place April 21-23 in Chicago, where it’s impossible to get a decent pizza.
- Dark Horse Comes to Madefire Just in Time for the Holidays - December 13, 2017
- Oni Press Announces Summer 2018 Collections: Letter 44, Brobots, Junior Braves of the Apocalypse - December 13, 2017
- Gerry Duggan and Aaron Kuder to Disassemble the Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity Countdown - December 13, 2017
- WWE Launches Interactive Mixed Tag Tournament Show on Facebook - December 13, 2017
- Michael Che and Colin Jost Promoted to Co-Head Writers of Saturday Night Live - December 12, 2017