Ardian Syaf has posted a statement on Facebook about the hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 referring to an Indonesian political protest and related issues, some of which have been called anti-Christian and anti-Jewish, that rocked the comics world this weekend. After Bleeding Cool reported on the messages and the story was picked up by other media organizations, Marvel issued a statement promising to remove the messages from digital editions and future printings and disciplinary action for the artist. Syaf has been responding to the controversy on Facebook, as the first printing has become a collector’s item, but now he’s released a statement that looks like it could be his final word on the matter. You can read it below:
My career is over now.
It’s the consequence what I did, and I take it.
Please no more mockery, debat, no more hate. I hope all in peace.
In this last chance, I want to tell you the true meaning of the numbers, 212 and QS 5:51.
It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur’an…my love to the last prophet, the Messenger…my love to ALLAH, The One God.
My apologize for all the noise. Good bye, May God bless you all. I love all of you.
- Target Of Ardian Syaf's X-Men Messages, Sentenced To Two Years In Jail
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics... (SPOILERS)
- "Marvel Is Owned By Disney. When Jews Are Offended, There Is No Mercy" - Ardian Syaf On His Dismissal From Marvel
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018