Ardian Syaf has posted a statement on Facebook about the hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 referring to an Indonesian political protest and related issues, some of which have been called anti-Christian and anti-Jewish, that rocked the comics world this weekend. After Bleeding Cool reported on the messages and the story was picked up by other media organizations, Marvel issued a statement promising to remove the messages from digital editions and future printings and disciplinary action for the artist. Syaf has been responding to the controversy on Facebook, as the first printing has become a collector’s item, but now he’s released a statement that looks like it could be his final word on the matter. You can read it below:
My career is over now.
It’s the consequence what I did, and I take it.
Please no more mockery, debat, no more hate. I hope all in peace.
In this last chance, I want to tell you the true meaning of the numbers, 212 and QS 5:51.
It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur’an…my love to the last prophet, the Messenger…my love to ALLAH, The One God.
My apologize for all the noise. Good bye, May God bless you all. I love all of you.
- Target Of Ardian Syaf's X-Men Messages, Sentenced To Two Years In Jail
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics... (SPOILERS)
- "Marvel Is Owned By Disney. When Jews Are Offended, There Is No Mercy" - Ardian Syaf On His Dismissal From Marvel
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return - March 22, 2018
- Nix Comics Offers Subscription for All Your 2018 Rock N’ Roll, Horror, and Western Comic Needs - March 22, 2018
- Terry Funk Wants to Fight Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a Wrestling Match - March 22, 2018