Ardian Syaf has posted a statement on Facebook about the hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 referring to an Indonesian political protest and related issues, some of which have been called anti-Christian and anti-Jewish, that rocked the comics world this weekend. After Bleeding Cool reported on the messages and the story was picked up by other media organizations, Marvel issued a statement promising to remove the messages from digital editions and future printings and disciplinary action for the artist. Syaf has been responding to the controversy on Facebook, as the first printing has become a collector’s item, but now he’s released a statement that looks like it could be his final word on the matter. You can read it below:
My career is over now.
It’s the consequence what I did, and I take it.
Please no more mockery, debat, no more hate. I hope all in peace.
In this last chance, I want to tell you the true meaning of the numbers, 212 and QS 5:51.
It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur’an…my love to the last prophet, the Messenger…my love to ALLAH, The One God.
My apologize for all the noise. Good bye, May God bless you all. I love all of you.
- Target Of Ardian Syaf's X-Men Messages, Sentenced To Two Years In Jail
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics... (SPOILERS)
- "Marvel Is Owned By Disney. When Jews Are Offended, There Is No Mercy" - Ardian Syaf On His Dismissal From Marvel
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018