Fox launched the new part of the Alien Universe site in anticipation of what is being dubbed ‘Alien’ Day, which will take place on April 26 (get it: 4/26, in honor of LV-426, the planet from Alien?). All sorts of things are planned, and I for one will be joining in on the festivities. It is all in support of the upcoming Alien: Covenant directed by Ridley Scott. Here is an announcement trailer:
And here is a press release with relevant information!
- ALIEN DAY livestreaming event at Fox Studios in Los Angeles: Beginning at 10 a.m. PDT on all ALIEN social channels and on the newly launched ALIEN Universe Hub (www.AlienUniverse.com), fans can interact with the cast via a question and answer session as well as view multiple behind-the-scenes segments highlighting the making of ALIEN: COVENANT.
- Global One-Night Screening Event – Screenings of Ridley Scott’s original 1979 ALIEN starring Sigourney Weaver and his 2012 follow-up PROMETHEUS will be held across the globe on ALIEN DAY. At participating RPX Regal Cinema U.S. theaters and worldwide partners, fans can watch these sci-fi thrillers and be treated with exclusive content from ALIEN: COVENANT and a one-of-a-kind commemorative item. Participating locations will be listed on www.AlienUniverse.com.
- The “MU/TH/UR of all ALIEN Trivia Challenges”: Returning for only 24 hours on www.AlienUniverse.com, Fox will unveil a new quiz every 4 hours and 26 minutes. Fans will answer a series of rapid-fire questions for a chance to win a VIP trip to Ridley Scott’s upcoming Imprint Ceremony at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood and incredible prizes.
- Fan Art Contest: Submissions for a Fan Art Contest are now open at AlienUniverse.com. The chosen artwork will be transformed into a limited edition t-shirt premium available with the purchase of the ALIEN: COVENANT Blu-Ray and 4K Ultra HD, exclusively at Wal-Mart stores and Walmart.com. Pre Order will start on May 19.
Fans can own the complete Alien Universe on Blu-ray featuring four limited-edition Mondo Alien movie poster cards. Available exclusively at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com on April 18. Fans should stay tuned for product announcements, limited edition releases and exciting unveils to take place in the weeks ahead and through the theatrical premiere of Alien: Covenant. Among the key licensees joining the Alien Day celebration: Dark Horse Comics, Audible, Titan, NECA, Hallmark, PPW Toys, Cool Props, Funko and more. Fox Consumer Products is also partnering with multiple retailers including BoxLunch, FYE/TWE, Books-A-Million, and Spencer’s Gifts, which will showcase exclusive Alien franchise merchandise, celebrating the day with in-store activations, and social media sweepstakes. And look out for a special Alien Day broadcast message from Madame Tussauds with further details of a terrifying arrival at one of their iconic locations this summer. For more information on all Alien Day activities, go to www.AlienUniverse.com. Fans can also join the #ALIENDAY conversation on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Well looks like I will be spending a ton of money April 26. It will be great to see Alien and Prometheus on the big screen again *I thought the latter got a bad rap and I quite enjoyed it).
‘Alien’ Day will take place on April 26, 2017 and Alien: Covenant will be released on May 19, 2017.
- The Top 5 NBA Teams Barack Obama Should Join As An Owner - June 22, 2017
- Today In Pop Culture For June 22: Hollow Nickels, War For Cybertron, Trump Sells Raw, Roger Rabbit, And Happy Birthday Meryl! - June 22, 2017
- World War Z 2 Gets A Director, And It Is David Fincher - June 22, 2017
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 8- All The Disney You Can Handle - June 21, 2017
- Today In Pop Culture For June 21: The Rocketeer, Pelé, Prince William, Edge, And More! - June 21, 2017