Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool ran an extensive article about Marvel bringing back the digital codes for physical comics that people had bought, but doing it on a customer by customer and shop by shop basis. Hand-crafted digital codes, as it were.
That was the first shoe dropping.
Here comes a second shoe.
Beginning the week of May the third, with the release of Secret Empire #1, the “buy physical get digital” codes are back for everyone. Not only that but you will also get a free digital comic from their backline that may promote a current trade paperback.
Marvel withdrew the BPGD code in favour of three such classic comics, which caused a storm of protest from readers and retailers, which led to their individual attempts to pacify them one by one.
“We heard the message loud and clear on Digital same issue codes,” said David Gabriel, SVP Sales & Marketing. “We heard how folks across the world were using them, relying on them, loving them. We are always looking to do what’s best for fans and the comics industry so we’re pleased to make this program even better. Now, print comics readers will receive a code for the issue they purchased, and also an additional bonus comic giving customers even more value for their purchase.”
- Glenn Talbot Always Completes His Mission – Shout Sheet for Friday’s Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD - April 25, 2018
- Is This the Missing Justice League Comic? (Justice League of America #29 SPOILERS) - April 25, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s First Review of Avengers: Infinity War [Spoiler-Free] #ThanosDemandsYourSilence - April 24, 2018
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018