Bleeding Cool first reported that the Young Animal title by Gerard Way, Nick Berington and Michael Allred, Doom Patrol, had seen its orders for issues #7, #8 and #9 cancelled by DC Comics over extreme lateness.
We also pointed out the soonest they could return, due to solicitation schedules, was in July.
Well, that’s exactly what’s happened.
Bleeding Cool reporter Mathew Quitney, at the Young Animal Panel at Wondercon with Gerard Way, has just provided us with the following points of information, following on from Gerard’s tease yesterday.
- Doom Patrol #5 came out two weeks ago and the wonderful Director’s Cut of #1 was released this past week.
- Issue #6, which Way says was the easiest to write, will be released on April 19th.
- Doom Patrol underwent a restructuring of the schedule. They didn’t want to have a mishmash and wanted to keep the overall quality. The team wants to be able to guarantee dates for release.
- Issue #7 will be released in July and is a special guest issue with Mike Allred pencilling.
- The first trade comes out in June with tons of extras.
- The other cancelled issues will be re-solicited shortly
- Jamie and Molly run the imprint on a day to day basis, with Gerard overseeing everything. It does get in the way of scripting, but he looks at everything that comes in for YA.
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018